corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » on behalf of mate, nokia 6820 freezing....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author on behalf of mate, nokia 6820 freezing....
Jas

User status: Offline
7th Nov 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont load gallery etc, just freezes, has to turn his phone on and off to reply to texts etc,

could it be a virus?

any ways of fixing?

thanks
Doggy

7th Nov 06 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nokia are notorious for releasing a phone without the software/firmware fully tested. If its one of the first ones out I would check that the firmware is up to date, if not get it flashed.

I had to upgrade the firmware on my 7250i and 6230i because of similar problems. If its still under contract they will do this for free otherwise its about £20
Jas

7th Nov 06 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its on contract yes, but would it all of a sudden just go yeah?

no way or doing anything at home then no? will need to be sent away?
Doggy

7th Nov 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can go just like that. The firmware is usually robust however with the first generation of any new phone, they cant cover every single possible think that can cause a fault. If its still under contract get them to sort it. You could try one of the MB devoted to Mobiles. Also how much free space in the memory has he got, try clearing out a few dead files

http://www.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php

is worth a look but its probably a back to base job.

the only thing I can suggest is to back up everything via bluetooth or cable and do a factory reset. Once the stuff is on your PC delete anthing that will not open up properly (jpegs and video clips etc)

also if he downloaded a java game just before the problem started that might be something to look at.

Is it a symbian phone? there were issues with the symbian O/S earlier this year and there is even an anti-virus out for them now.

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Doggy]
Jas

7th Nov 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i get the anti virus?
Doggy

7th Nov 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

down load it like you do java games, but I would try the factory reset first. The antivirus is a bit expensive and its only for symbian phones.

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat4/ec_MAIN.Entry17C?SID=27685&SP=10007&CID=0&PID=732703&PN=5&CUR=826&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

http://www.f-secure.co.uk/home_user/buyonline/avmobile.html

Munchie

7th Nov 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a hard reset

if not, contact me

New Poll