corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What Size Sump Plug on XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Size Sump Plug on XE
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   7th Nov 06 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa is away getting an MOT and i was wanting to buy a sump plug with a hole in it for my temperature sender from Demon Tweeks Motorsport has anyone any idea what size i would need? i think it is an M14 not sure though
Marc

7th Nov 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure this is the way you want to go? I went for a sender in the block instead as I didn't like the idea of having one in the sump plug. Especially when my oil is changed often!
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it is and i have asked a lot of motorsport people that seem to think it is the best place for it, i put mine in the back of the block and was getting false readings, With the XE sump plug not facing straight down but near horixontally towards the back of the car i thought it to be the best place for it even though it will be being removed regularly.
Adam_B

7th Nov 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why were you getting false readings from the back of the block?
Marc

7th Nov 06 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that, mine is in the block and it reads fine, as does the pressure gauge.
Stu_22

7th Nov 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m14 x 1.5 i think must be on migweb somehwere
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put it in an allan key spot on the back of the black and it was constantly reading 150 celsius. I have the pressure sender going in while it is in the garage so see what he has managed when i pick it up i thought it was m14 x 1.5 cheers

New Poll