corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Couple of pics of Live For Speed S2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of pics of Live For Speed S2
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Nov 06 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those interested

smack

6th Nov 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars look real shitly graphics
just mho
Nath

6th Nov 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
cars look real shitly graphics
just mho

I was about to say the same
--Dave--
Banned

6th Nov 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit average looking

any good?
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th Nov 06 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most realistic racing game on the PC... so that pretty much means most reaslitic game u can buy

Paul_J

7th Nov 06 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The graphics are the only thing that lets this game down. I'd essentially call it a 'Online' only game as the Online racing is what makes it so great.

Things like GT4 have nothing on this for realism and handling.

and just about every xbox 360 game can gtf too.

To be fair though chris, I think this game is a bit too 'hard core' and realistic for some, after all the console lovers (who think Need for Speed Carbon handles realisticly), will never get to grips with it.
topshot_2k
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks gash, cars look like they are floating
Marc

7th Nov 06 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that impressed, they look like they're stuck on the screen.
--Dave--
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need for Speed Carbon and realistic do not deserve to be in the same sentence together. Whoever though that can gtf
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
looks gash, cars look like they are floating

the white car is floating.. it going over a jump.

paul: i think your right, i think there has come a point in racein simulation were a game is too realistic to be fully enjoyed by the certain pl who prefer the arcade physics of GT4 or Forza for example.

liveseytowers

7th Nov 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a really good game to be honest and is a must for any car game fan. I can't really be bothered with PC games but this is fun racing online against 15 other people. Not too good as a 1 Player but as an online racer is more fun that any 360 game i've played online You should give the demo a try before you slate it
Paul_J

7th Nov 06 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, I hate the demo, the demo servers are full of punks that smash into your car rather than race and only 1 track and a handful of crap cars.

The Full version (which doesn't cost much) is where it's at!
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would buy it if it were on xbox
Dan B

7th Nov 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
to be honest, I hate the demo, the demo servers are full of punks that smash into your car rather than race and only 1 track and a handful of crap cars.

The Full version (which doesn't cost much) is where it's at!

It's also filled with people who ban you unless you're within 1 second of the world-record on every single lap, since they class you as getting in the way...

The last time I played, I broke normally into the first corner, had a car fly past me on either side into the corner almost sideways and someone shunt me from behind......got banned for causing an accident, since they were used to literally throwing cars into corners suicidally!
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it used to look like this ..

liveseytowers

7th Nov 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a valid point actually about the other drivers. The faster drivers don't seem to be able to make there way round the slower cars without causing an accident. The demo is crap compared to the full game but it gives you an idea of how the whole online thing works.

I still kinda like it, the drift games are normally quite fun
Paul_J

7th Nov 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair - I'm one of the faster drivers that get annoyed by slower drivers

Usually a faster driver will only be behind because he hasn't bothered to qualify / was knocked out of the last race (and is now starting at the back) OR is lapping you and thus you get blue flagged and should respect that and pull over.

either way if you know your slower than others, you should respect that you may be in the way and clear some space for them to go past. That is until you get quicker.

I had someone the other day (chris knows who) - who was just swerving all over the place infront of me trying to 'block me' ... even though I was ultimately faster - where I wouldn't brake and just drift through the bend, this plank kept braking hard, causing me to nearly crash and in the end he braked hard infront of me (where I don't need to brake) and I had no choice but to smash into the back of him, causing me and him to be out of the race.
Dan B

7th Nov 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Usually a faster driver will only be behind because he hasn't bothered to qualify / was knocked out of the last race (and is now starting at the back) OR is lapping you and thus you get blue flagged and should respect that and pull over.

either way if you know your slower than others, you should respect that you may be in the way and clear some space for them to go past. That is until you get quicker.

I had someone the other day (chris knows who) - who was just swerving all over the place infront of me trying to 'block me' ... even though I was ultimately faster - where I wouldn't brake and just drift through the bend, this plank kept braking hard, causing me to nearly crash and in the end he braked hard infront of me (where I don't need to brake) and I had no choice but to smash into the back of him, causing me and him to be out of the race.

I never attempted to block, and I left plenty of space to the inside of the corner since I expected someone to try to get through......what I didn't expect was someone to literally throw their car sideways up the inside, over the kerb, someone else to fly around the outside (and go off the track), and for someone else to slam into the back of me. Oh, and I wasn't being lapped, this was into the first corner on the first lap. I'm not close to the world-record yet, but I'm hardly that slow at it either (my lap-record is just under 4 seconds off the world record on the demo-track - not quick, I know, but I can consistently get close-ish to that time), so it's not as if I slammed on way too early.

I respect that I'm not the quickest driver, because I've hardly been playing it that long, but I'm not about to drive around the outside of the track because there's no way I'll get quicker that way......I'll leave space for someone who's blatantly quicker, but I'm not about to leave space for 5-6 cars to all go past me into the first corner!

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Dan B]
liveseytowers

7th Nov 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree with that if its a blue flag but if you are racing for position then you shouldnt have to move out the way for a faster car. You should follow the same rules as you would in a real race where the faster car has to pass you fair and square. I wont swerve but i'll take the racing line. If you can't pass me then you aint that fast

Sometimes I get a really good start so get to say 4th and then brake fair early for the first bend and get mowed into by all the "faster" racers who then moan at me or ban me. If Schumacher starts at the back then he doesnt just plough into the back of the slower cars and then blames them lol

Problem with this game is there are too many idiots who ruin it for the slower drivers who actually want to play by the rules.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liveseytowers
quote:

I agree with that if its a blue flag but if you are racing for position then you shouldnt have to move out the way for a faster car. You should follow the same rules as you would in a real race where the faster car has to pass you fair and square. I wont swerve but i'll take the racing line. If you can't pass me then you aint that fast

Sometimes I get a really good start so get to say 4th and then brake fair early for the first bend and get mowed into by all the "faster" racers who then moan at me or ban me. If Schumacher starts at the back then he doesnt just plough into the back of the slower cars and then blames them lol

Problem with this game is there are too many idiots who ruin it for the slower drivers who actually want to play by the rules.

only on the demo, 98% of racers respect the rules on S2 and it is quite a pleasure to drive on
liveseytowers

7th Nov 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got S2 but not played it in ages but i meant some times you get idiots, im probably wandering into demo games and not realising lol Going to have to give it another go, i bet i'm about 5 patches out of date now!
Dom

7th Nov 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

graphics look shocking for it be taken serious, maybe "the most realistic car game possible", but if the graphics are crap then whats the point.

Plenty other games that are just as realistic tbh, GP4, Forza (to a certain extent) and all have better graphics.

Still though, NFS and similar games are just pathetic
Dan B

8th Nov 06 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess it depends what sort of racing game you'd prefer...

Would you prefer a game that you can bounce off crash-barriers at 200mph, lose 40mph, and carry on driving without any repercussions? Or would you prefer the above to completely destroy your car, and take you out of the race?
Paul_J

8th Nov 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan B - The problem you had was you were playing on the Demo Server! It's full of complete knobs who just want to smash the cars up!

Forza, Realistic? I don't think so.

You think Gt4 is realistic until you play something actually realistic and you then feel how arcadey Gt4 is. Thing with Gt4 is you can throw a car happily into a bend at a fast speed, completely lift off or brake and the car just goes around no problem. In real life this would cause the car to spin or go quite out of control.

Games like GT4 / Forza are good fun but you can't really call it realistic by any means.

Dom what you have to realise is LFS is developed by a v.small team, they develop things for it when they can and their aim is on realism. Creating amazing graphics is costly and needs a lot of people to develop, the other thing is, this is a project for these guys that has covered quite a few years, so when LFS was originally developed the graphics were fairly state of the art, over time the best they can do is do little tweaks or updates, but without a complete graphics engine rebuild this isn't going to become the new PGR3 graphically.

The thing is, big developers don't release realistic games. Essentially they want a game to appeal to the largest audience as possible, and essentially only a fraction of the audience will be able to control the cars well at speed if its 'realistic' - this instantly makes the game un-enjoyable for anyone who is 'crap'.

The other thing with realistic games is essentially they need the ability to control the cars with fine adjustments, this is why LFS is recommended to be played with a FFB steering wheel and pedals. If you try using a keyboard to control the car you'll soon be crashing.

Once again this is why console games have to be made to be playable with a joypad, and obviously that means it has to make compromises in realism.

The point Chris was making was that it was one of the most realistic handling games, not realistic visually. Essentially the games selling point is neither the graphics or the realism, it's the fantastic online playability!

Something of which the Demo doesn't really display, since to get a good race, you need good drivers and the good drivers will be found on the S2 (full version).
Paul_J

8th Nov 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
graphics look shocking for it be taken serious, maybe "the most realistic car game possible", but if the graphics are crap then whats the point.

The level of enjoyment you get from a online race is Since your racing against real humans, in something that takes actual skill to be better than other people, when you win it's a real sense of a achievement.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll