corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » top gear for exhausts? opinions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author top gear for exhausts? opinions
vaux-tech

User status: Offline
4th Nov 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically im after a new exhaust system for my corsa gsi, now, ive heard of top gear in burnley but people at work have told me that they are 'cowboys' and 'bodgers'. someone told me that they took their car into topgear for a system to be put it, costin them summat like 3-400quid, and all they did was cut the original pipe off and weld a piece of pipe they had 'lying around' onto the pipe on the car and shoved a cheap tailpipe on the back. anyone heard anything about this, or has the info ive heard totally inaccurate? cheers, vxtech.
John G

4th Nov 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of members have had exhaust fitted by them and have had no problem

iain m has just had his engine conversion done by them and they did a great job so cant be that bad

i went up there on friday for a quote and they were very helpful and also very competitivley priced, watched them do a rover coupe at the time and it was a really tidy job
Andrew

4th Nov 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't go anywhere else! The boys are sound and the work is spot on. Going to get my car serviced by them too rather than Vauxhall as i know they will look after it and not charge for things they haven't done.
TopGearNW

4th Nov 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own topgear north west can you please tell me why we have been called cowboys and bogers and when they had the work done
vaux-tech

5th Nov 06 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not me mate, am considering coming to ur place for an exhaust system and got talking to someone at my place who starting badmouthing the worksmanship and quality of ur products, thats why i posted on here to see what people thought of the work. am most likely coming to ur place for buisness, plz dont think i was putting bad publicity on ur company, just wanted to get all the info i could before buying.
vaux-tech

5th Nov 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G

iain m has just had his engine conversion done by them and they did a great job so cant be that bad

i went up there on friday for a quote and they were very helpful and also very competitivley priced, watched them do a rover coupe at the time and it was a really tidy job

John, what exhaust/system did u get a quote for and how much was it if u dont mind me asking?
drewiecorsa

5th Nov 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had mine fitted there.
excellant job. really tidy work and good customer service. personally i wont go anywere else but you cant always please evri one
John G

5th Nov 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
quote:
Originally posted by John G

John, what exhaust/system did u get a quote for and how much was it if u dont mind me asking?

160 for a backbox fitted, they were alot more helpful then any1 around here, hense why im traveliing 1hour and 20mins to get it down by them
Ryk

6th Nov 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Myself and my mates have always had exhausts fitted by them, from the your average back boxes to the far more specific custom jobs......

Never had a problem with anything they've done and I can genuinely say that about at least a dozen different jobs! Top work lads keep it up!
Iain M

6th Nov 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i have said it once i have said it a million times - excellant work great people that work there very helpfull.

keep going
BeArDy

7th Nov 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am Building my Twin engine Corsa with a kind of No limit budject (if it means saving that little bit more to get the best then i would rather save) and i will be taking the car to TopGear.

Awsome set of lads and do awsome work could not rate them any higher
vaux-tech

7th Nov 06 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fantastic! thanks for all the help boys
Prowler
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryk
Myself and my mates have always had exhausts fitted by them, from the your average back boxes to the far more specific custom jobs......

Never had a problem with anything they've done and I can genuinely say that about at least a dozen different jobs! Top work lads keep it up!

where this car sprayed near blackburn?
Ryk

8th Nov 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aiiii, the lad whos owns it built it. Its for sale if anyone wants it!

EDIT: Just had another exhaust fitted on my other car, chuffed to bits, exactly what I wanted. It's quieter than the one that was on, fits perfectly and looks the business! Top work Lawrence!

[Edited on 08-11-2006 by Ryk]
Prowler
Banned

8th Nov 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw it in the spray booth the day after he sprayed it! has done a ace job on it!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » top gear for exhausts? opinions 23 database queries in 0.0149519 seconds