corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Barcelona 'v' Chelsea Official CL Thread sponsored by Unicef

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Barcelona 'v' Chelsea Official CL Thread sponsored by Unicef
Cosmo

User status: Offline
1st Nov 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
No history, is that your reply to everything?
Teams that make history have to start from some where, were making history now.

Ive hardly said it to anyone, Jamie always says it to me joking (I think!) so said it back to him jokingly!

And yeah Chelsea are making history....of a team that is buying their titles by splashing 100's of millions on players, some of which you only bought to stop your competitors buying.
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
SWP has had his chances, he hasn't taken them.
Its not my fault we have him at the cub, did we need him? no, did i want him here? no, did we pay shit loads for him, yeh, aint my problem really.

[Edited on 01-11-2006 by corsadee]

SWP has had his chances Yeah Im sure those 10mins here and there is just what he eeds to develop

Im not blaming you, your not Mourinho or Abromavich...I dont think?
p

1st Nov 06 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just sound very jealous Cosmo.
One question for you though, if a very rich person, a billionaire came in to buy Liver, spend shit loads on quality players, win titles, would you complain about it?

What am I ment to do about it, be a Chelsea fan whos pissed off were winning titles, or be back to the old days with shit players who are past it?

And the only chance SWP gets is 10 minutes,but he doesn't do much with the time he gets, he's even behind Kalou in the pecking order now, and he's only been here 5 minutes, so I don't know what that means for SWP, may be he might have to find another club.

Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You just sound very jealous Cosmo.
One question for you though, if a very rich person, a billionaire came in to buy Liver, spend shit loads on quality players, win titles, would you complain about it?

What am I ment to do about it, be a Chelsea fan whos pissed off were winning titles, or be back to the old days with shit players who are past it?

And the only chance SWP gets is 10 minutes,but he doesn't do much with the time he gets, he's even behind Kalou in the pecking order now, and he's only been here 5 minutes, so I don't know what that means for SWP, may be he might have to find another club.

Im not jealous, we've won the Champions League and FA Cup in the space when youve had mega money so Im happy with that. Id love to win the league, but Id also like to do it without all the underhand tactics and throwing 100's of millions at the team.

And Ive posted about this in the past. Id love a billionaire to come in and buy Liverpool...but not to throw the kind of money at the team youve had. Pay for the new ground, great. Allow us to compete for the big names in the world, great. But not 100m+ each season.

And 10mins isnt what a young player needs. He needs to play with top players week in week out, getting big match experience. And the reason he gets 10mins isnt because he doesnt do much, it because you dont need him at the club as have more experienced players in his position so cant nuture his skill for the future.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.....yeah but wright phillips is like the oldest of our winger's, Robben 22, J.Cole 24, Kalou 20 or 21 or what ever, i swear swp is 24 or 25 soon.
Yeah we'v spent shit loads on players, but you can't keep throwing that about all the time...
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right.....yeah but wright phillips is like the oldest of our winger's, Robben 22, J.Cole 24, Kalou 20 or 21 or what ever, i swear swp is 24 or 25 soon.
Yeah we'v spent shit loads on players, but you can't keep throwing that about all the time...

I didnt say age, I said experience. He has only ever played for City and not in big games so needed the playing time alongside top players to come good.

I can keep bringing it up while you keep doing it. Its not like it was the one season, you keep doing it year on year
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not my fault we keep spending, I can't stop them from doing it.
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

you seem to be having a problem with differentiating between yourself and Chelsea FC

Im complaining about the club, not you. Im saying its the clubs fault, not yours.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

you seem to be having a problem with differentiating between yourself and Chelsea FC

Im complaining about the club, not you. Im saying its the clubs fault, not yours.

right ok..

Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
right ok..

Stop taking what Im saying so personally then. Some of the stuff your coming out with is acting like Im having a go at you personally when its only the club Im saying stuff about!
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
right ok..

Stop taking what Im saying so personally then. Some of the stuff your coming out with is acting like Im having a go at you personally when its only the club Im saying stuff about!

Nah I aint, just gets a bit annoying when so many slag us off.
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But you must see why people do...

You spend 300m+ on a squad
You go in for players you dont want just because competitors are after them
You offer transfer fees and wages to price any else out the market
Youve some of the worst players for diving and cheating (drogba and robben to name two!)
Youve a wanker of a manager who is technically great but some of the stuff he comes out with is shocking
You cheat by trying to nick players from other clubs, then think your above the law by throwing money at the problem to make it go away.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But you must see why people do...

You spend 300m+ on a squad
You go in for players you dont want just because competitors are after them
You offer transfer fees and wages to price any else out the market
Youve some of the worst players for diving and cheating (drogba and robben to name two!)
Youve a wanker of a manager who is technically great but some of the stuff he comes out with is shocking
You cheat by trying to nick players from other clubs, then think your above the law by throwing money at the problem to make it go away.

Mourinho is a great manager, if he's at your club you love him, if he's not at your club you hate him, I think that's fair.
You don't know for a fact we buy players for the sake of it, Mourinho wanted four wingers, in his first season our two best wingers where injured, and it stuffed us up a bit.
We pay shit loads on players because we have the money, like Real Madrid.
Drogba has been fantastic this season, dodgey last night, but this season has he dived much, no I don't think he has.
Robben, world class talent, has he done a dive this season, nope I don't think so, he has bucked his ideas up and he isn;t play acting or any anything.
The wages we pay are high, but we have high profile players, Im not botherd about the wages any way.
You say about diving, but your players do it is well, saint Gerrard for example, every team has players that do from time to time, Drogba was like that, but hardly this season.
And yeah we do throw money at problems we have some times, i.e the Leeds kids, but I don't care I find it funny, it's leeds for christ sake

Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You don't know for a fact we buy players for the sake of it, Mourinho wanted four wingers, in his first season our two best wingers where injured, and it stuffed us up a bit.

Liverpool and Arsenal had both had offer for SWP accepted and were in talks with him. Chelsea bought him and dont play him.

Simao was one the verge of joining us on Deadline Day Summer 2005, Chelsea came in with bigger offer just before deadline and they rejected our previously accepted bid and deal fell through. Same happened in the Jan 2006 transfer window where you outbid us and didnt follow through with purchase to stop us buying him.

quote:

Drogba has been fantastic this season, dodgey last night, but this season has he dived much, no I don't think he has.

did you not watch the game last night? Infact have you watched any Chelsea game this season as he dives in pretty much everyone Ive seen.

quote:

Robben, world class talent, has he done a dive this season, nope I don't think so, he has bucked his ideas up and he isn;t play acting or any anything.

his dive against Reina last year was enough for everyone to know what he is, regardless of if he is going down easy this year or not.

quote:

The wages we pay are high, but we have high profile players, Im not botherd about the wages any way.

You pay to price anyone out the market...Ballack to Utd was a cert until you offered 130k a week! And you should care, you'll never bring in enough revenue to ever breakeven with that wage bill.

quote:

You say about diving, but your players do it is well, saint Gerrard for example, every team has players that do from time to time, Drogba was like that, but hardly this season.

Gerrard dive, when? If your referring to the Sheff Utd game then he went down easily but it wasnt a dive. Garcia is our only player who goes down easily, and he even got boo'd at Anfield last season when he dived.

[Edited on 01-11-2006 by Cosmo]
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And yeah we do throw money at problems we have some times, i.e the Leeds kids, but I don't care I find it funny, it's leeds for christ sake

its just another way your undermining English football. There are rules there for a reason but you just ignore them and throw money at it when you get caught.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Liverpool and Arsenal had both had offer for SWP accepted and were in talks with him. Chelsea bought him and dont play him.

Simao was one the verge of joining us on Deadline Day Summer 2005, Chelsea came in with bigger offer just before deadline and they rejected our previously accepted bid and deal fell through. Same happened in the Jan 2006 transfer window where you outbid us and didnt follow through with purchase to stop us buying him.

quote:

did you not watch the game last night? Infact have you watched any Chelsea game this season as he dives in pretty much everyone Ive seen.

quote:

his dive against Reina last year was enough for everyone to know what he is, regardless of if he is going down easy this year or not.

quote:

You pay to price anyone out the market...Ballack to Utd was a cert until you offered 130k a week! And you should care, you'll never bring in enough revenue to ever breakeven with that wage bill.

quote:

Gerrard dive, when? If your referring to the Sheff Utd game then he went down easily but it wasnt a dive. Garcia is our only player who goes down easily, and he even got boo'd at Anfield last season when he dived.

We never put a bid in for Simao, 95 per cent sure of that, im sure it was pure rumour.

Break even, don't really care about all that particularly.

Gerrard has dived, can't remember what games, but he's even done it for England.

Ballack to Utd, sure that wasn't just a rumour?
Free transfer, but a high wage bill.
Robben didn't 'dive', players dive to get penaltys i.e Zakora, he just went down very theatrically, very silly.

Yeah I saw the game obviously, and I said in a post he was dodgey last night, he went down alot, but mainly this season he's been good.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

its just another way your undermining English football. There are rules there for a reason but you just ignore them and throw money at it when you get caught.

What about Arsenal fielding no english players alot, is that not affecting english football, or should I say foreign football, that's what it is to them, oh well they do have one english player tonight, might be a record for them this season.
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We never put a bid in for Simao, 95 per cent sure of that, im sure it was pure rumour.

Break even, don't really care about all that particularly.

Ballack to Utd, sure that wasn't just a rumour?
Free transfer, but a high wage bill.
Robben didn't 'dive', players dive to get penaltys i.e Zakora, he just went down very theatrically, very silly.

Yeah I saw the game obviously, and I said in a post he was dodgey last night, he went down alot, but mainly this season he's been good.

Yeah you 100% put a bid in for Simao, we had 14m accepted, and you bit somewhere around 16m, their Chairman or Manager was quoted saying something along those lines at the time.

Dont breakeven > dont make money > dont make money then once Abromavich gets bored you can say bye bye to the club.

So going jumping to the floor when you only get a bruch on the face isnt diving, its amazing what Chelsea fans tell themselves to condone what their players do
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What about Arsenal fielding no english players alot, is that not affecting english football, or should I say foreign football, that's what it is to them, oh well they do have one english player tonight, might be a record for them this season.

yeah, but currently that isnt against the rules of the game so theya re doing nothing wrong...Chelsea were!

Now if you had said Arsenal werent playing any English players when they have to play 3 or 4 but they are just paying off the FA so get away with it then thats more along the Chelsea way of doing things.

p

1st Nov 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yeah, but currently that isnt against the rules of the game so theya re doing nothing wrong...Chelsea were!

Now if you had said Arsenal werent playing any English players when they have to play 3 or 4 but they are just paying off the FA so get away with it then thats more along the Chelsea way of doing things.

Yeah but it's still bloody ridiculous they don't have english football players in an english team.
Still not sure on Simao, don't think an official bid went in.
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah but it's still bloody ridiculous they don't have english football players in an english team.

It is stupid, but its not their fault their is no rule about it so they can do it.

Simao would be a Liverpool player right now if you didnt put a bid in, he was even in Liverpool talking to us when Benfica got your bid and pulled the plug.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well why did they pull the plug on us, surely they should of just accpeted your bid..
Cosmo

1st Nov 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well why did they pull the plug on us, surely they should of just accpeted your bid..

it was deadline day, literally just before the deadline so thought they'd get more money in January from you as you put a much larger bid in. When Jan came we put a bid in and you did the same but didnt push a deal through before the deadline.
p

1st Nov 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

it was deadline day, literally just before the deadline so thought they'd get more money in January from you as you put a much larger bid in. When Jan came we put a bid in and you did the same but didnt push a deal through before the deadline.

I am so sure we haven't bid for him.
I think he's pretty shit to be honest, oh well you have Pennant instead.
Jamie Walby

1st Nov 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I think you know very little about football. Arsenal have been Starting Hoyte pretty much every game. Walcotts had a start or 2 and featured in all but a couple of games. Kerrea Gilber is on loan to Cardiff to gain some experience, though he played in the first team for a bit last year, and would have done so some more had he not got injured in the 3-2 defeat to West Ham at Highbury.

Then theres the next crop of players breaking through. Matthew Connolly made his debut V West Brom in League Cup and he looks like Michael Ballack

Granted thats only 4 players but when you look at the prices of English players then you cant blame Arsenal for not wanting to put the clubs financial future at risk for the sake of buying a player wiuth a Brittish passport.

Wenger has repeatedly said that he does whats best for Arsenal Football Club, this means buying young and cheap and moulding them into the type of players he wants, Cesc, Clichy, Djourou, Senderos and Lupoli are all good examples.

I also remember Dein saying a few weeks back on SSN that the clubs net expenditure on transfers since Wenger has been at the club is £50m. and look what hes achieved with spending little.......

Im sure Robbo has something to say on that lot too

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Barcelona 'v' Chelsea Official CL Thread sponsored by Unicef 23 database queries in 0.1938651 seconds