corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remap Day @ Chippeduk on 11th November...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remap Day @ Chippeduk on 11th November...
Mario Blue Eyes

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 06 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok...a remap day has been organised on corsa-c...just giving everybody the oppurtunity to take in the offer really...come along if you wish!

Here aare the details...

ChippedUK: B61 7DG

Date: 11th November 2006

There are two types of mapping available...

A normal remap and..

A live map...

A live map takes about an hour per car and is done while you drive so the best results will be brought to the car!

That costs £300 but can be done for £225 if there are a few of us...This also includes 2 rolling roads, (one before, one after)....THIS IS A BARGAIN I WOULD SAY...and will definitely be what i get done to my car...

The Remap would cost from £225 down to £150 each car...

If anybody is interested come along...We have about 10 ppl coming along from corsa c...would be great to meet new faces...

[Edited on 23-10-2006 by Mario Blue Eyes]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 03:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm curious to see how the n/a stuff does if you're mapping any. Might also be worth having a look in West Mids forum for locals.
mav

23rd Oct 06 at 03:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah me too Ian...???

What gains are expected?
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 03:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably some good ones if its turbo diesel stuff. Be worth seeing what happens with the petrols as well, just make sure you get a reading before and after in order to most accuratly compare.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Oct 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chipped uk = total waste of time. they have been slated so many times on so many sites its unbelievable. claims like this:

"A live map takes about an hour per car and is done while you drive"

dont do them any favours either. mapping a car in 1 hour? what a load of shite.

Scotty C

23rd Oct 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
chipped uk = total waste of time. they have been slated so many times on so many sites its unbelievable. claims like this:

"A live map takes about an hour per car and is done while you drive"

dont do them any favours either. mapping a car in 1 hour? what a load of shite.

How long does it take then?
Dave A

23rd Oct 06 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant put a time limit on how long it takes to map a car. usually it would take around 3-4 hours for a remap even with standalone management (which makes things easier)

but claiming you can map a car 'on the road' in an hour is total bullshit. how would you be able to map the load site at 6800 rpm? on the road?

even on the rollers you cant remap an ecu in an hour. think about it, why do mappers with a very good reputation such as Novatech, Noble, Jamsport etc... all need 3+ hours and these guys only need an hour? do they know something all these other companies dont no, the fact is they dont remap the ecu as such. they use the OBD port to change the map in the ecu to a pre-set map that is not taylor made for your car and will probaly cause the car to run worse. the new map they put in will just advance the ignition timing slightly and expect the Knock sensor to retard it to suit to avoid pinking or detonation.

very amature way to map an ecu.

and what do they claim the benefits are? (taken from their own wording on a post on migweb) z18xe with their remap will make 140+ bhp. with an exhaust and induction kit they claim that their map made 150 bhp on an otherwise standard z18xe (corsa 1.8 sri)

they even sell their dodgy chips on e-bay that says it all IMO
ianofbhills

23rd Oct 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then again they are not charging the sort of prices a real remap would cost at places like noble etc.

Tbh if all it is is a reflash of the ecu you can buy all of the equipment and software needed to do it yourself for less then what they are charging anyway. Wheter or not you'd be happy enough to start messing with uploading maps to your ecu is up to you as there is obviously a certain element of risk involved.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres nothing wrong with reflash remaps, a live map however is better especially on n/a cars, and the figures chippeduk quote are complete bull.

With regards to generic maps, all cars from the factory essentially run a generic map from the factory, they are all flashed with the same map, so if an aftermarket set map is good enough then they arent a total waste of time
ianofbhills

23rd Oct 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be happy with a reflash on my dti as the gains are pretty impressive on diesels but on n/a petrol stuff with limited mods i wouldnt waste my cash.

Reflashing is only what companies like revo etc do and they dont get slated for doing it.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv had revo and jabba, both gave identical results, i stuck with revo because i could fine tune it myself.

Like i said only worth it on turbo cars. I woudnt bother with a remap on a std n/a
Dave A

23rd Oct 06 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
But then again they are not charging the sort of prices a real remap would cost at places like noble etc.

look at it this way then:

1. if it was available, would you put cheap inferior petrol in your car?
2. would you put poundstrecher engine oil in?
3. would you put cheap nasty remould tyres on?

4. If you went into a shop to buy a product and the shop assistant blatently lied to you to about what the product does and its features and benefits and you know they are lying to you to try and get your hard earned cash would you still buy the product from that shop?

No?

well thats the difference between places like noble and chippeduk.

[Edited on 23-10-2006 by Dave A]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remap Day @ Chippeduk on 11th November... 22 database queries in 0.0126538 seconds