corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows server 2003 remote desktop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows server 2003 remote desktop
John

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just installed server 2k3 on a computer, I want to be able to access it via remote desktop.

The way I had it before it logged the current user off and then logged me on, which I want.

Now it allows concurrent sessions and logs in in a different way that I don't want because the program I want running won't work properly like this.

How can I change it back to the way it was?
Aaron

22nd Oct 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need to change the ammount of connections that cam be made by the same user in the local security policy

cba to find the exact path
PaulW

22nd Oct 06 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want full remote control, use remote vnc or something...

the way it handles termservices connections is more limited now, so alot of apps which need elevated level to run (like av, etc) wont work as everything is system level only on ts
John

23rd Oct 06 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be annoyed with that.

I had vnc ages ago on it but I like remote desktop better.

Server was only to mess about with, i'm going back to xp tomorrow because I know it does what I want.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Oct 06 at 02:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can log off the other instance of yourself in Task Manager.

The key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core and there's a DWORD called EnableConcurrentSessions, which you want setting to zero or indeed removing entirely.

You can also use Group Policy Editor and go Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Terminal Services. Limit number of connections is in there somewhere.

[Edited on 23-10-2006 by Ian]
John

23rd Oct 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to look for number of concurrent session before Ian and couldn't see it, i'm not running a licencing server or anything.

Theres nothing at that registry key either.

I'll have a go with it when i've got a spare computer, just need this one up and running atm.

Cheers though everybody
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Oct 06 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found more information on opening up XP to more connections than I did closing 2003 down to one
John

23rd Oct 06 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wanted to have a play about really.

I had googled it and not found anything of uset o me but since I don't know it inside out thought somebody may have known a term to search for that I didn't.

Was originally installing SBS but the discs microsoft sent me don't work.

I'll have a spare system about new year time so i'll give it another go then.

Back to good old xp for the moment.

New Poll