corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FM 2007

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FM 2007
Carl

User status: Offline
30th Oct 06 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RossA
Finished my 1st season as Aberdeen, finished 5th in the league, was cruising in 3rd before the SPL split but thanks to an end of season slump where i won 0 points i finished 5th, knocked out by Rangers in both Cup quarter finals

Just had to install undersoil heating at a cost of £1.5m, despite fact i already have it installed

Just secured Arsenal as my parent club, they've loaned me Song and Denilson for this season, shame it's a striker i need

i did that and got song and denilson off them, denilson is good. Bolton have just nicked my ace youngster, couldn't offer him a contract has he was too young yet they have signed him up?! well pissed off about that.
Nath

30th Oct 06 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, started my second season.

Got rid of: Emre, Harper, Bernard, Clark, N'Zogbia, and some youngsters.
Recieved: £7.75million

Recruited: Paolo Maldini , Sisi, Andrew Davies, and best of all David Rozehnal (Awesome defender from PSG)
Spent: £2.5million

Played 10, won 5, drew 4 lost 1 and i'm joint first

The board and fans are loving it. I put it down to tightening my defence and less injuries.

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by Nath]
Russ

31st Oct 06 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been playing too much pes atm, i will start properly tonight, with crewe i think.
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath... Gareth Bale

And how come you aren't Luton??

I arranged a friendly with them the other day for international day and spanked them 6 - 1 with my ressies
GREG 1

31st Oct 06 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started with Southend yesterday. After a bad start im now 12th and the size of my squad / amount of injuries is unreal.

Got a great away win at Leeds, Leicester and Sunderland and also lost by some big scorelines aswell

So far so good but I have a long way to go at the min!
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently if you play very creatively and attacking (like Arsenal/Barca etc) then you receive more injuries as the opposition have to resort to physical violence!
Nath

31st Oct 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Nath... Gareth Bale

I arranged a friendly with them the other day for international day and spanked them 6 - 1 with my ressies

I'm currently in the process of unsettling Bale He'll be mine soon enough. Michael Ball is doing a job a left back at the moment.

Decided to make it hard by being Newcastle, couldnt imagine how hard it'd be with Luton Although second season in the CCC and they are 5th, they have bought some decent players!
Jamie Walby

31st Oct 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find myself in a relegation battle. I am Bournemouth.

Tried to sure up my defence but still leaking silly goals.

Have managed to get to the 3rd round of Fa Cup, beating Shrewsbury and Bradford on the way. Got a good draw against Weymouth now, so hopefully I can get to the 4th round and get premiership opposition.
GREG 1

31st Oct 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie try and sign Efe Sodje from Southend.. He will do a great job for you.
Nath

31st Oct 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1

Southend are my affiliate club, they have 4 of my players on loan at the moment, all first team

Drew them in the League Cup 4th Round, after they beat Chelsea , and Sodje scored, I won 3-1 though
GREG 1

31st Oct 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality!
Jamie Walby

31st Oct 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Lorenzo Amoruso and Eddie Howe as my 2 central defenders Greg.

Managed to get Togo international Charles Kokougan on a free £75 p/w contract 2 games he has played he has been good and a slight improvement. I have been playing him in a DM role, just in front the back 4.

Beat Weymouth 2-0, goals from Chris Sutton and BIG Fletch. Now we wait to see who I get in 4th round.
GREG 1

31st Oct 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Chris Sutton on trial for 4 weeks, he wasn't too bad but wasn't better than what I had.

Also did the same with Matt Jansen but actually signed him on a free as he was fairly useful.
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Nath... Gareth Bale

I'm currently in the process of unsettling Bale He'll be mine soon enough. Michael Ball is doing a job a left back at the moment.

Decided to make it hard by being Newcastle, couldnt imagine how hard it'd be with Luton Although second season in the CCC and they are 5th, they have bought some decent players!
I loaned Bale to Newcatsle actually and he rejetced every othewr club for them I love unsettling players and pissing off othe rmanagers... I ruined tom huddlesstones season! Unsettled him when he was in top form, he was then loaned out and subsequenbtly broke his leg
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1

Southend are my affiliate club, they have 4 of my players on loan at the moment, all first team

Drew them in the League Cup 4th Round, after they beat Chelsea , and Sodje scored, I won 3-1 though
My affiliate is Beveren just like in real life
Hammer

31st Oct 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'll go a third division team next see how i get on trying to climb league's while rummaging the bargain basement!

Any third division teams owned by Russian oil billionaires
Jamie Walby

31st Oct 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drew Charlton at home in 4th round of Fa Cup.
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch!

I beat Blackburn in the 3rd round (and as I was waiting to make a substitution Klose broke his foot having scored 21 league goals in 23 games ) and then beat Peterborough 1 nil in the 4th round (reserve players!)
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main line up when all fit

Amelia

Hoyte Toure/Senderos Djorou Gallas

Hleb Fabregas Gilberto Ribery

Klose Henry

Lehmann
Senderos/Toure
Lauren
Rosicky
van Persie

Lehmann got injured early on in the season and Amelia never looked back and Djorou ahs been outstanding so Toure/Senderos must fight it out!

Ribery is generally a starter as Rosicky has missed most of the season!!
Nath

31st Oct 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My line up when fit:

Given

Michael Ball
Paolo Maldini
David Rozehnal
Billy Jones

Scott Parker

Alexey Yeremenko/Antoine Sibierski
Albert Luque
Nolberto Solano/Anotonio (I think thats his first name) Valencia

Obafemi Martins
Michael Owen

Subs:
Shane Supple
Stephen Carr
Damien Duff
Then whoever doesn't get played out of the choices in the starting XI
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did Supple set you back??

What is Rozehnal like?

Given just got sold or £9m to Bayern in my game!!!
Nath

31st Oct 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supple cost me £70k, I needed cover for Harper and Given and didn't want to spend alot. He's developing into a good keeper.

Rozehnal is brilliant, my best player at the moment with an average rating of 7.80. The press keep praising him too. Got him on a Bosman, but he was only valued at £2.5million before that.
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
4 4 2 diamond attacking i think it is

choose who does your throw ins penalties and crosses as well in accordance with their ratings, i have Gravesen taking them from either side and i think he gets a few assists through long throws. Made the mistake of using default penalty taker for the first few months and missed about half of them

IMO the best bit of the game is the fact that you have to do it proper... you must change the tactics form std and assign pk takers etc like you say!! Not come across the tutoring bit!! Teamtalks I am like a god at and I dont have too many goals disallowed (perhaps its just you thieves )

I also change formnations near the end if i am leading just to be sure and and you must interact and poraise players but the bit i hate is when thye ask for your comments before the match and you make a fair selection but it pleasts out bollocks and all your players get PR and like annoyed oir they think the match will be a walkover and they get beat
Robbo

31st Oct 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Supple cost me £70k, I needed cover for Harper and Given and didn't want to spend alot. He's developing into a good keeper.

Rozehnal is brilliant, my best player at the moment with an average rating of 7.80. The press keep praising him too. Got him on a Bosman, but he was only valued at £2.5million before that.
£70k Nae bad... Ufaljsui is good too Not keen on the value system though... Mich Richards valued at £4.5m but you have to bid abovce £21m to sign him

He is my #1 target
Hammer

31st Oct 06 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not come across the tutoring bit!!

when your on the young players profile click player interaction i think it is, from the bottom left hand menu you'll see yourself from there

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FM 2007 23 database queries in 0.0175481 seconds