corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Battlefield 2142

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battlefield 2142
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Oct 06 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installed the demo last night and had a few games of it, I'm not sure what to think of it at the moment.

I think my main issue is that its set in the future, not like the past titles where its past/current wars. Theres nothing like going around as the US shooting up iraqi's or some shti like that in the middle-east and obviously the fun weapony which you might be able to relate with (hi ojc).

The tactics are different kinda the same, instead of flags you need to capture and hold, you have missle silos that you 'uplink' (read: capture) when you go near them. You use these to shoot missiles to the enemy's warship.

Yes, there are floating warships, each team has one which holds their flying viehcles and they start off with forcefields which you need to destory using the captured silos mentioned above.

Once the shield is destoryed you can get onboard and destory a series of computers that let you get to the core reacter, which you then blow up. This in turn destorys the ship within 15 seconds or something. You win the map.

Its cool I guess, but just isnt shooting people with slanty eyes in the jungle or anything. Maybe i'll get use to it.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Oct 06 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved Battlefield 2 and know what you mean about the enemies. Just feels more realistic in a way.

I haven't seen any screenshots of this new one though. Also need to sort out my Live connection again so I can get some demos downloaded.
willay
Premium Member

10th Oct 06 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I mean I love getting all caveman like in battlefield1942 and gunning the shit out of the germans. And in Battlefield Vietnam I loved the napalming and the whole jungle warfare got me wet.

BF2 just has that bit of OMG THIS COULD BE SO LIKE WHATS HAPPENING NOW factor.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Oct 06 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was good, not many cheaters playing either, could join some really good games.

Never quite mastered the air vehicles though always used to just jump in the back and get on the guns then parachute out if it looked like you were going down
willay
Premium Member

10th Oct 06 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were you playing on your xbox360? I'm talking about playing it on the PC which is ace.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Oct 06 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PC mate Keyboard and mouse is the only way to play FPS like this

Sadly I got rid of my computer and got a laptop instead. Use the 360 now for gaming.
willay
Premium Member

10th Oct 06 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, I couldnt imagine playnig FPS on consoles, just doesnt work imho.
bradgsi

10th Oct 06 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I play battlefield mc 2 on the 360 and on the ps2 online and they are good.

And have played 1942 and vietnam on the pc but my computer is not good enuf to play 2142
Corsa Sport Gav

10th Oct 06 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive ordred my copy on 2142 on sunday cannot wait for it too come out, loved bf2 soo this should be awsum
Russ

10th Oct 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wont be buying, they never fixed bf2, its still shit, and this is the same plus the cool epic shit
Rus

10th Oct 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did order 2142 but after playing the demo i was dissapointed. It lacks many things. 10 things acually http://www.desinc.net/bf2142_review

so i canceled it

[Edited on 10-10-2006 by Rus]

New Poll