corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » In car PC & Roof Aerial

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In car PC & Roof Aerial
nyzrox

User status: Offline
   8th Oct 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I have a Mini-ITX system for my car works sweet no problems, i have been thinking recently about putting a little wireless card in it see what i can find out in the world on my travels, i am wondering if i was to put a wireless card in the machine as i dont have a head unit my aerial is hooked up to nothing, would i be able to hook the aerial up to the pcs wireless card and have that as my wireless antenna.... and do you think i would see a big difference using my roof aerial as apposed to a little 1 that screws on the back of the wireless card.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 06 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably would be better using the antenna in the wireless card. The wiring and the aerial itself on the car are all wrong for 2.4ghz.

The car is a noisy environment for radio frequency so even if you wired it properly and got the correct antenna for the roof you would still see a lot of loss, which would average out to a signal similar to that of the card.
John

8th Oct 06 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've drove about with just my pda in the car before and found loads with whatever built in aerial it has.
nyzrox

9th Oct 06 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just curious, yea i dind loads on my pda also.

guess il use the supplied aerial. cheers ian & john

New Poll