corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » powder coating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author powder coating
d128mat

User status: Offline
4th Oct 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one know how much it costs to get a xe rocker cover done in a white and also has anyone got any pics of theres done in white???

cheers
Russ 200sx

4th Oct 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine cost £15 to do, spoke to a young lad who works in a place local to me, and he said he would do it for £15 cash so i said 'that'll do me' i think it would cost double that normally or i may be wrong
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Oct 06 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

powder coating prices comes down to 1 thing, Quality of the job.

spend the right money at the right place and you could have something like this:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=311500
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Oct 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the coating is usually about £20 but add extra for things like acid dipping and sandblasting to get a finish like that.

or for £45 I will do you one all done just u2u me.
Russ 200sx

4th Oct 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it does depend on the quality, i agree. Mine wasnt th most perfect job, still had tiny air pockets here and there butit depends how good you want it to look, Here is mine....

csweatherston

4th Oct 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my rocker cover, strut brace and manifold done for 50 bucks....exellent job
d128mat

4th Oct 06 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have loads of bits i want doing.... strut brace, xe rocker cover, wheels etc ill have a ring around that ^^^^^ looks the part
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

4th Oct 06 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't powder coat it, from someone that sees hundreds of these engines (the guy that works on mine) said that they all warp the rocker cover through the powder coat process. Mine is just painted and has had no problems at all

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » powder coating 22 database queries in 0.0099242 seconds