corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Exchange your football riot stories

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exchange your football riot stories
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know the sort:

1) Late Challenge

2) Mouthing off

3) Squaring up

4) First Punch

5) All out riot

Playing pub football I see quite a bit of this but always stand at the back shouting abuse

On Sunday one of the lads knocked an opposing player clean out Then the players got involved and finally the touchline fowk
Danny P

3rd Oct 06 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing i've ever seen playing Sunday League football has to be from our keeper.

Something happend down the other end of the field and it all got a bit argie bargie, pushing and shoving that kind of thing. Our keeper must have seen what was going on cos next thing I know he's running full lengh of the field, taken his gloves off on the way, gets up to everyone and without hesitating plants this guy and knocks him clean out Then just casually turned round and started walking back to his net.

It was just like scene in Mean Machine, hence his nickname from then on being "The Monk"
stuartmitchell

3rd Oct 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pub footbal is ace our home pitch is in a place in Edinburgh called Niddrie, we get motorcross bikes coming across the pitch, neds fighting with the players....the full works

Cosmo

3rd Oct 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Best thing i've ever seen playing Sunday League football has to be from our keeper.

Something happend down the other end of the field and it all got a bit argie bargie, pushing and shoving that kind of thing. Our keeper must have seen what was going on cos next thing I know he's running full lengh of the field, taken his gloves off on the way, gets up to everyone and without hesitating plants this guy and knocks him clean out Then just casually turned round and started walking back to his net.

I did that once, but was running back from upfront to sort out a tussle going on in our box. Got their and was about to smack the main guy and the ref stepped infront of me and I had to make out I was trying to calm things down.

I dont think Ive been in any games where there has been a mass brawl, but def some with plenty of fights. One of which saw 5 adults watching and 2 players for the other team being sent off
Danny P

3rd Oct 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We play in the Bradford League, so as you can imagine there is quite a few Asain teams who always try and mix things up a bit Always have 100's of them down the sidelines giving shit out all the time.

When we play them at home all the local Chavs etc come out to see if they can get a little ruck going. They even claim to be like a proper football firm called The L.M.U (Low Moor Ultra's )
--Dave--
Banned

4th Oct 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our team hasn't been involved in any riots as such, but another team I know had a few players that loved to kick things off

One of them got sent off, walked over to the line, grabbed a big bucket of water and proceeded to pour it into the ref's bag He then started jumping up and down on it PMSL!!!

The ref's phone and watch were ruined
mattwhite

4th Oct 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the league i played in when i was playing under 15's one of the games got cancelled because of a mass brawl, players from both sides and parents from the sidelines everyone... couple of players got 10 game bans etc...

The worst thing was my team had to play one of the teams the week after.

haha, how i miss all that
antscorsa

4th Oct 06 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played agaisnt some absolute nonce once garbbing my shirt adn everything, he took em down in the box and jsut woudlnt let go of my legs, had them in a hold with his own, so as i stood up i couldnt walk away.
so i thought sod it and fell to my knees with some force right onto his ribs.
prick didnt find it so funny then - that started an all out ruck with both teams.
Carl

4th Oct 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started one at under 15's level. i was a left back playing against this right winger who was moaning all the match, constent moaning and generally being a pirck. Anyway the ball got passed down the line so we are neck a neck running for it so i grabbed his shirt on the blind side of the ref, proper tugging him he started mouthing. I'm not aggresive although i like to get stuck in but that day i just snapped! i let go of his shirt and moved my arm around is neck, dragged his head towards me at the same time as uppercutting him with my left arm, it was a right punch. Anyway that sparked in, a bloke run on and grabbed me, i didn't know what was going on so shouted my dad, he grabbed this bloke who shit is pants, meanwhile all the other players were fighting with each other.
--Dave--
Banned

4th Oct 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gianluigi

4th Oct 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worst brawl came on the side line, not on the pitch.

was with my previous team, which was mainly italians, against a team full of black men. so was never going to be peaceful

the match was rough anyway. but when a rough challenge went in, they'd argue on the side line

before you know it, a short italian bloke of about 50 years old (plus) knocked out this 6 foot black guy

all hell broke loose

managed to finish the game though. i was scared though. was expecting knives guns and shit to come out

[Edited on 04-10-2006 by gianluigi]
Melville

4th Oct 06 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been involved in some right pitch battles. The league I play in is crazy at times and tackles go flying in and something will eventually kick off.

I once headbutted a keeper that grabbed a hold of both my arms as I swung for a defender
Cosmo

4th Oct 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst one on the side lines was when we played the new team in the league. It was in a really rough area and we were the 3rd or 4th team to play them and they had been beaten in double figures each time.

We scored the 3rd goal by the 5th minute or something like that and then these guys turned up with a couple of massive dogs and some baseball bats, warning us not to score anymore goals.

We won 18-0 and celebtrated each time infront of these guys knowing they wouldnt do anything. After the game though we were leaving and they started pelting the cars with stones and one of them had an air rifle. Broke one rear window and caused loads of dents and scratches to the cars.

They were kicked out the league and had to pay for all the damage
gianluigi

4th Oct 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie Walby

4th Oct 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manchester for you
Jamie Walby

4th Oct 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
played agaisnt some absolute nonce once garbbing my shirt adn everything, he took em down in the box and jsut woudlnt let go of my legs, had them in a hold with his own, so as i stood up i couldnt walk away.
so i thought sod it and fell to my knees with some force right onto his ribs.
prick didnt find it so funny then - that started an all out ruck with both teams.

Were you wearing boots that warranted you getting treated like that?
Cosmo

4th Oct 06 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Manchester for you

was nowhere near Manchester then, Ive only lived here for the past 18months.
Jamie Walby

4th Oct 06 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stand corrected.
Cosmo

4th Oct 06 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I stand corrected.

It was in Ingol, Preston....a real real shite hole!
Jamie Walby

4th Oct 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my distributors is based in Preston and they are forever getting broken into.....
Cosmo

4th Oct 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
one of my distributors is based in Preston and they are forever getting broken into.....

where abouts? Some areas are perfectly fine, but the rest is either full of pakis (Deepdale) or really rough (Ingol).
Jamie Walby

4th Oct 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They where in Deepdale IIRC but have recently moved to new purpose built building. Post code starts PR3.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Exchange your football riot stories 23 database queries in 0.2043350 seconds