corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding-Advice please!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding-Advice please!
Matt W

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right heres what happened, im not going to write an essay so ill keep it short..
-open ringroad in early evening i got up to around 120mph
-slowed down to 10-20 to enter roundabout at which point there was a police skoda Vrs sat on my bumper
-he followed me for around 1/4 mile then pulled me over
-they said they thought i was doing around 80-90 and if i plead not guilty at court they will give that evidence
-ive got 5 points already and will have been driving two years in november
-need car for college and work

im going to get a summons in around 4 weeks, what do i plead and what could i be facing do you think?
who else has been caught doin these speeds?

cheers

City

2nd Oct 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plead you were insane for a few seconds, this will get you off
Dan B

2nd Oct 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plead guilty, bend over, and await punishment...

120mph is a daft speed on any public road, and you deserve everything you get thrown at you, which, in your first two years of driving, will hopefully be a hefty ban and fine, and an extended retest.

And I seriously doubt you need your car for college, that's what public transport is for. And, given that you're in college, I'd say the same would likely apply for work, aswell. The "I need my car for work" approach would only count if you actually use your car to do your job, not just to get to/from it...
Matt W

2nd Oct 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
Plead guilty, bend over, and await punishment...

120mph is a daft speed on any public road, and you deserve everything you get thrown at you, which, in your first two years of driving, will hopefully be a hefty ban and fine, and an extended retest.

And I seriously doubt you need your car for college, that's what public transport is for. And, given that you're in college, I'd say the same would likely apply for work, aswell. The "I need my car for work" approach would only count if you actually use your car to do your job, not just to get to/from it...

i know i was stupid etc,
i wasnt actually caught at 120 (according to speedo) there is no material evidence that i was speeding at all, just what the police thought i was doing, but as there was two of them they can use this in court,
which means i was only 10-20mph max over the limit
Ash2.016v

2nd Oct 06 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know exactly how you feel mate, police cought me doing 140 and were so sound they let me off with an average of 94, so i only got 3 points, they said the same to me, if you contest at court we will show the video footage of what actually happened be sensible and take the 3 points, so i did. i have since aquired 6 more points for driving without due care and attention, fortunately i have been driving for more than 2 years so i can have 9 without getitng banned. I am also fighting 3 more points for doing 40 in a 30 zone as well...........(i know i know i should slow down) and the method iam using for this is www.pepipoo.com they have all the legal loopholes for getting off with speeding, its boring and tedious but read, and fill in what they call the "NIP Wizard" its the Notice of Intended Prosecution Wizard. The only thing is the new news from the police now is that they are cracking down on ppl using these legal loopholes to get off with speeding and other motoring offences. so its only a tiop but other than accept the points and get banned mate youve no choice. it will at least hold their processes up, you just have to follow their advice 100%. hope this helps.
Matt W

2nd Oct 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash2.016v
i know exactly how you feel mate, police cought me doing 140 and were so sound they let me off with an average of 94, so i only got 3 points, they said the same to me, if you contest at court we will show the video footage of what actually happened be sensible and take the 3 points, so i did. i have since aquired 6 more points for driving without due care and attention, fortunately i have been driving for more than 2 years so i can have 9 without getitng banned. I am also fighting 3 more points for doing 40 in a 30 zone as well...........(i know i know i should slow down) and the method iam using for this is www.pepipoo.com they have all the legal loopholes for getting off with speeding, its boring and tedious but read, and fill in what they call the "NIP Wizard" its the Notice of Intended Prosecution Wizard. The only thing is the new news from the police now is that they are cracking down on ppl using these legal loopholes to get off with speeding and other motoring offences. so its only a tiop but other than accept the points and get banned mate youve no choice. it will at least hold their processes up, you just have to follow their advice 100%. hope this helps.

Thanks mate, top man
SXi_Tim

2nd Oct 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Secret to doing those speeds is don't get caught, but i thought if the coppers had no video/picture evdence then its your word against theirs really, contest it enough and you might get away lightly.
Cybermonkey

2nd Oct 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim
Secret to doing those speeds is don't get caught, but i thought if the coppers had no video/picture evdence then its your word against theirs really, contest it enough and you might get away lightly.

in a court of law, their word goes. bend over and puker up whilst picking up the soap. 120mph for gods sake
N16K

2nd Oct 06 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caught speeding-Advice please!

SLOW DOWN

They need evidence otherwise it is just your word against theirs, without evidence they could just say anyone was speeding.

[Edited on 02-10-2006 by N16K]
Edd

2nd Oct 06 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they have no evidence that you done that speed they have nothing on you
Dean_W

2nd Oct 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
They need evidence otherwise it is just your word against theirs, without evidence they could just say anyone was speeding.

I am sure it's correc that if two coppers agree you were speeding, that is accepted as evidence.
LAD VXL

2nd Oct 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Caught speeding-Advice please!

SLOW DOWN

Agreed

The police officers are doing you a favour....take it and learn
N16K

2nd Oct 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:

I am sure it's correc that if two coppers agree you were speeding, that is accepted as evidence.

Yeah thats rights. How many cops pulled you over?
Matt W

2nd Oct 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Tim

in a court of law, their word goes. bend over and puker up whilst picking up the soap. 120mph for gods sake

See above mate, i wasnt caught doing 120mph, the only thing they have on me is the fact that they think i was doing 80-90mph if there is two of them does this count as evidence or can i appeal/plead not guilty?
Edd

2nd Oct 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

no its not how can they do you for speeding when they wont be able to tell the court the exact speed he was doing?

this will not even go to court and if it does a good lawyer will have it flung out in 5 minutes
Matt W

2nd Oct 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but he said id get a summons in a few weeks, this means it will go to court surely?
Dean_W

2nd Oct 06 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edd - You know this because?

Also, if the car was beind him, and it was unmarked the chances are high it was fitted with a camera.

[Edited on 02-10-2006 by Dean_W]

[Edited on 02-10-2006 by Dean_W]
smoothie SRI

2nd Oct 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been told this works when you get your fine throught from the police dont sign anything fill i the attached from and send back and that is it.

http://www.pepipoo.com/PACE_WS.php
Edd

2nd Oct 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are they going to say

officer:hello my lord this boy was doing 80 to 90mph

judge:what do you mean 80 to 90? do you have any evidence?

officer: no but my pal was in the car with me and he says so too

judge: stop wasting my time, next case

or have i been watching too much judge judy???

corsa5dr

2nd Oct 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Edd. I think they were just putting the wind up you because they havent got anything concrete to show what speed you were doing.

Whereabouts in Bristol did you get pulled mate? The ring road?
Edd

2nd Oct 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Also, if the car was beind him, and it was unmarked the chances are high it was fitted with a camera.

well would that not be evidence?

which would mean they would have caught him doing the 120

not just by having a rough guess at how fast he went
Matt W

2nd Oct 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
I agree with Edd. I think they were just putting the wind up you because they havent got anything concrete to show what speed you were doing.

the A1474 i think it is between aspects/asda and hicks gate roundabout!
abdus

2nd Oct 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

break your speedo and get to a garage and have them fix it and also get a proper receipt for the work carried out.

Show it in court

Matt W

2nd Oct 06 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:

it was a marked skoda "high speed pursuit vehicle" but had no cameras or anything, just two coppers think i was doing 80-90mph, i just need to know if this is evidence or if i can contest it?

well would that not be evidence?

which would mean they would have caught him doing the 120

not just by having a rough guess at how fast he went
corsa5dr

2nd Oct 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsamatt2005
quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr

the A1474 i think it is between aspects/asda and hicks gate roundabout!

Thats a very quick stretch of road. I've done similar speeds down there before. Dont usually see many police or camera vans there either.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding-Advice please! 22 database queries in 0.0160530 seconds