corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The day has come to sell my beloved corsa Diva. Pics now

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The day has come to sell my beloved corsa Diva. Pics now
Claire Richardson

User status: Offline
27th Sep 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yessssssssssss unfortunately mate. The house or the car.... which would choose!
If there was another way of clearing all or part of my debt then I would do it, believe me
That car is not just a car, sad as it may sound to those who dont know it or me, but it is a part of me and I've made it unique to me, personal, what with all the hours spent in the garage moulding, sanding filling spraying etc etc. proud as punch to own her.
Other than a lottery win, there's no other option
Mo

28th Sep 06 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woollard

28th Sep 06 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet i could find you another option if i knew your circumstances. I am in big time debt too and have alot of experience in having to find money, lots of things you could do.
Claire Richardson

28th Sep 06 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woolard, u2u sent !!
Andy Stocker

28th Sep 06 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in 2001/ 2002 when I sold C13 I got £6.5k, it's worth what someone is willing to pay at the end of the day
Claire Richardson

28th Sep 06 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know mate. Thats why I'm advertising it all over. Hopefully someone out there will appreciate the quality like I do!!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Back in 2001/ 2002 when I sold C13 I got £6.5k, it's worth what someone is willing to pay at the end of the day

a) thats over 5 years ago
b) still almost 4k less than what is being asked for this

if you want to sell it this year then price it sensibly, you asked for opinions on the price and im giving it

..or just keep it

im pretty certain whereva you advertise it you'l get the same response

[Edited on 28-09-2006 by Steve]
Daimo B

28th Sep 06 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claire, its Daimo, keep it, don't sell her!!!!!

We have exactly the same with D5NNA, its sitting there, waiting, but we simply cannot afford to get Donnas (or mine) back on the road at the moment.

Take her off the road, SORN her, get her under cover, keep her until you can afford to get it back out again.

A lot of people will go, "yeah but its just a corsa" but I understand you as Donna is exactly the same with D5!!

Don't sell her, you will regret it in 6 months, not for the fact of the drive, but the fact of how much work you've put into it over so long..

I can see D5 rotting and collapsing before Donna even thinks about selling it.

If its really the way you ahve to go though, split her, don't let someone else take your pride and joy, as you will see it in 6 months time looking a complete state where the new owner doesn't care as much....

Put it under cover, come back to her.. Don't sell Diva!!!!!!
GT4Brody

28th Sep 06 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 grand
Fear

28th Sep 06 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought i would miss my corsa when i sold it, but i havnt missed it one bit!

I would feel a fool driving round in it now, so much nicer to have a faster comfy usable car!

I put so much work into M9 that i thought i would hate knowing that someone else was reeping the rewards but i couldnt care less, honestly it wont be as bad as you think it will be!

I got 6.5K for M9, i personally think you will struggle to get 9k, but then theres always someone somewhere that will want it that much they will pay for it, the only problem is it may be a long wait!
Stu

28th Sep 06 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost a fortune when I sold my corsa Was good fun at the time but I dont miss it now!

My personal view on it is, cut your losses and get it sold!!!!

Stu
3CorsaMeal

28th Sep 06 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fear

I would feel a fool driving round in it now, so much nicer to have a faster comfy usable car!

amen to that

it should be a time when you feel a bit embarassed for spending all that money on a mass produced bottom of the line vauxhall of all things maybe i'm just the kinda person that thinks ahead too much
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car is amazing, everything has been done to it. But you dont make money out of modding cars though and at the end of the day its a 1994 corsa, i know you have spent alot on it.

Fear onlygot 6.5k for his and i would put his in the same catagory as yours, i think you may have to drop the price abit.

Good luck with the sale
sxi boy

28th Sep 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i remember that car from many a borocruise, very very nice, lot of effort gone into it, shame it has to go but good luck with the sale
Jambo

28th Sep 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Split it, that way u get more money back!
Tom

28th Sep 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah there's too much smoothing in it.

I would say £5-6k is more realistic
Wrighty

28th Sep 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fear
I thought i would miss my corsa when i sold it, but i havnt missed it one bit!

I put so much work into M9 that i thought i would hate knowing that someone else was reeping the rewards but i couldnt care less, honestly it wont be as bad as you think it will be!

I got 6.5K for M9, i personally think you will struggle to get 9k, but then theres always someone somewhere that will want it that much they will pay for it, the only problem is it may be a long wait!

also gone from a corsa to an astra, couldnt say fairer, you dont miss it that much when you get something better, no matter how clean/tidy/trick it was
Fad

28th Sep 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 k tops i think as a complete car, quite possibly make more splitting it
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Notice its all the folk who are still clinging onto their Corsa's that say nooo dont you'll miss it etc & everyone that has is saying the only thing you'll miss is the slowness, bumpy ride & inpractibility
Matty_Moo_

28th Sep 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had a nova turbo 300+bhp, kit, wheels, stereo, tele, ps2, the lot. he spent 20k on it, wanted £7K when he came to sell it. didnt even get an offer at £4.5K so broke it up and made just over £7k.

its the only way
foxyk8

28th Sep 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the feeling of maybe having to part with a very much loved car they become part of the family i havent spent nearly as much as you but its always worth more to yourself than anyone else good luck with the sale i hope it works out 4 u!!!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
4 k tops i think as a complete car, quite possibly make more splitting it

the man speaks sense
corb

28th Sep 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

money in the post claire!
M2RTY

28th Sep 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i sold my corsa i got 3600, people said i wouldnt get over 2500 - 3000 tops

did not need the money, sort of wish i kept it now as there was so much i could have done

if you get 5k for it, 5k is not a lot of money nowerdays, keep it
Claire Richardson

28th Sep 06 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasnt for my financial situation then I would keep her for sentimental reasons and like Daimo says ( by the way), cover it up, take it off the road. Its not the running costs that are a problem. I'm in the shit financially and have to reduce my monthly outgoings asap and by as much as possible. 5k would clear one debt and help alot, but 9K would clear it all.
Massive mortgage, not earning enough to pay loans and mortgage so loans HAVE to go and I've got half a way out sitting in the garage.
I know you never get back what spent on modifying, thats not why I did it anyways
It was an achievement
Splitting it would raise a few grand but it would take time and would feel like murdering her but again, as commented on, seeing someone else behind the wheel of MY car would feel worse and if they wrote it off................
I dont know, too sentimental for my own good I suppose

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The day has come to sell my beloved corsa Diva. Pics now 22 database queries in 0.0144601 seconds