corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lightweight Corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lightweight Corsa
AK

User status: Offline
12th Sep 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly...

i dont think i have spent any money making my car look fast.... just spend it buying things trying to make it go faster
Red_Devil_germany

12th Sep 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am a Fan of both... i am a Fan of Motorsportcars and so it was clearly my car should also look so... in Germany the corsa B is no good Racecar. No one drives this Car in Rallye or Racing, so it is Difficult to become this Parts.

Long time i have searched the Group A Kit to make my Car "Wider". I don't found any Tuner who can sell me this parts, so i decided to use Parts of Rieger, Lumma and WS-Styling.

I think... the Optic of my Car ist good. It's sportive and it looks not to extreme...

Where in Britain can i buy lightweight Parts for the Corsa?
Parts like
- Carbon co drivers dash panel
- drivers dash blank (GpA)
- inner rear quarter panels
- lower door panels
- centre console
- rear hatch trim panel
- inner tail light covers
- front inner wings

can i buy from ProTec or Walden Engineering, but where i get other lightweight Parts?

For Corsa A i become the "Mounting Plate" for the Steering, but for Corsa B it looks Badly in Germany...

Have you any Catalog or Adress where i become more Parts?
- alloy hubs
jr

12th Sep 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Protec are your best bet, but ive never seen carbon interior panels for a corsa b

just dont put them in, it will be lighter with no door panels etc

[Edited on 12-09-2006 by jr]
Red_Devil_germany

12th Sep 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a Problem... for the TÜV and Police in Germany we must have a panel on the Doors, because of sharp edges...

Pro-Tec have written me they have this Parts!

Centre Console and the other Thinks not needed... i am in Search for a Solution for the Heating. We must have a Heating on the Road, and the Original ist not good...

jr

12th Sep 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TUV crap, im so glad we dont have this issue as yet, otherwise mine wouldnt be allowed near the road, let alone on it (its never on the rad anyway )
Daimo B

12th Sep 06 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super cool, but can I ask why you fitted carbon fenders/wings as the original items are so light anyway?

Maybe email this guy. Hes called Don, he's based in Belgium. It took him a long time, and im not sure he wants to do another one, but he may be able to help/point you in the right direction.

He runs PVG Europe (Performance Vauxhall Group).

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/my_favourite_corsas/don_fulford/

His email address is

pvgeurope@home.nl

Say Daimo from England gave you his email address.

Your carbon boot, is it a smooth boot item or and original item replica? Can I ask how much you paid? Did you get perspex (Plastic) rear window also?

To make the track a little wider on the wheels, have you considered the 5 stud conversion and/or spacers?

Have you weighed your car yet with the 2.0?

Good project, totally different from what anyone has done over here.

Daimo B

12th Sep 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Devil_germany
It is a Problem... for the TÜV and Police in Germany we must have a panel on the Doors, because of sharp edges...

Pro-Tec have written me they have this Parts!

Centre Console and the other Thinks not needed... i am in Search for a Solution for the Heating. We must have a Heating on the Road, and the Original ist not good...

Have you considered a flat panel of carbon fibre/fibre glass to cover all the door insides? I can get a picture if your unsure what I mean.

Removal of all doorcards, with just one big peice of material bolted to the door to cover all the window, locks etc..
Red_Devil_germany

12th Sep 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Original Wings weight 3,5 kg. My Carbon Wing weight 850 Gramm.

Thank you for the Link!

Boot? I dont know what you mean...

Yes, i become Macrolon Windows after it was painted. I must use the expensive Macrolon, because in Germany the Windows must have a E-Sign for Car-Windows and the Online product who have it is the expensive Macrolon from Bayer.

At the Rear the track ist Wider, because i use a Conversion Kit for the Astra GSi 16V Brakes. This Kit makes the Rear Beam?? wider.

At the Front i don't know... at the beginn i would have this Wider Track Kit from Walden, but the TÜV in Germany don't legalise this...

No, i don't weighed...

We will see in which Direction this Project goes. My Goal is 800 kg with the C20XE Engine and all the Other Parts mounted... i think this is real, but i don't know what i have at the Moment.

In Germany i called a Idiot, because i make a Project like this. All here say i should make a right Engine in my Corsa so i don't need this Lightweight-Parts... the don't understand the Goal of my Project... no one have a Corsa like this and i build a Car that is to 100% that what i want...

I thank you all for the Good Words!

quote:

Have you considered a flat panel of carbon fibre/fibre glass to cover all the door insides? I can get a picture if your unsure what I mean.

Yes, i have done so. I use a flat panel to cover the doors. Inside the Doors i removed all things that not used and cut out all Metal i don't need.

[Edited on 12-09-2006 by Red_Devil_germany]
Daimo B

12th Sep 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The Original Wings weight 3,5 kg. My Carbon Wing weight 850 Gramm.

Really, blimey, mine certainly didn't feel like 3.5kg (unless you mean both combined). But it was a few years ago now

quote:
Thank you for the Link!

Boot? I dont know what you mean...

No problem.

Boot, the rear panel you open to get into the back of the car.. This part...

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Devil_germanyAt the Rear the track ist Wider, because i use a Conversion Kit for the Astra GSi 16V Brakes. This Kit makes the Rear Beam?? wider.

At the Front i don't know... at the beginn i would have this Wider Track Kit from Walden, but the TÜV in Germany don't legalise this...

I understand. With my Astra GTE rear disk brake setup, i found I actually gained a few mm. There was some grinding on the original rear beam that had to be done which saved me a few mm. I guess the only way to may it is to use spacers but as you say, your not allowed. Maybe look at some lower offset wheels (Corsa et49, try going down to et 35-40?)

quote:
We will see in which Direction this Project goes. My Goal is 800 kg with the C20XE Engine and all the Other Parts mounted... i think this is real, but i don't know what i have at the Moment.

In Germany i called a Idiot, because i make a Project like this. All here say i should make a right Engine in my Corsa so i don't need this Lightweight-Parts... the don't understand the Goal of my Project... no one have a Corsa like this and i build a Car that is to 100% that what i want...

You would get the same type of people say the same tpe of thing in this country, but never be put off. It is your money and your car, do as YOU think you should.

I think its a great project, a leightweight C20XE corsa (well, AK's when it works )

Keep building

[Edited on 12-09-2006 by VXR]
Red_Devil_germany

12th Sep 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, ok, i know this as Tailgate :-). I drive the Number plate on the Tailgate, but the "Windshield wiper" are cleaned.

I Can use Spacer, but i don't can go under the ET 20. My Wheels have ET 39 so i can Use 20mm Spacer. When i use more the Test of the TÜV is expensive and is not garanted that the Spacers at next TÜV inspection legal... it's difficult

The Original Wing have 3,5 kg inkl. the Arches! i have weighed it on kitchen scales... it can be that this kitchen scales not go 100% correct. but it is definitly more heavily than 3.0 kg.
Matt H

12th Sep 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the site, love your car

There was talk on here of someone who was going to make carbon fibre panels (wings/doors/tailgate/bumpers)

Did it cost much to make the panels?

Keep up the good work
Red_Devil_germany

13th Sep 06 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks!

So, i have few questions... my English is not so good and so i think i write my questions here...

I have Problems to translate this parts:

What are the "lower door panels"?
------------------------------
What are the "centre console"?
Is this this part where the Handbrake and gear lever is, or is this there where original the Radio and Heating Controll is?
AK

13th Sep 06 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd understand that to be the part where the heater control and radio are.

Where did you get the carbon wings/fendors? I've only seen wide GRP ones over here. I dont want wide ones, as i would have to make the rear wide, and i'm not chopping my shell for that.
PaulW

13th Sep 06 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lower door panels - these are the parts on the original door cards where you can put items for storage, and also where the speakers are hidden behind the grill.

centre console - radio and heating control
Red_Devil_germany

13th Sep 06 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@AK
It's a special production from a Company here in Germany. Look here:
http://www.creativ-car-design.de/system/

@PaulW
Thank you for the Translation!

AK

13th Sep 06 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much were you for them (euro's)?
Red_Devil_germany

13th Sep 06 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250€ per piece!
AK

13th Sep 06 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oof

i'll hang on for GRP then
Red_Devil_germany

13th Sep 06 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In germany that's cheap... the first Companys written my about 800€-1000€ per piece!!! They are Crazy...

Have you any page from a Rallye Corsa B? I have seen Many Rallye Corsa's, but no Picture of the Interiour...
AK

13th Sep 06 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hold on
AK

13th Sep 06 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a quick search but couldnt find it. There was pics posted on here of a nice one that was for sale on ebay.

Maybe try a search on here
AK

13th Sep 06 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220006574492&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

haha, forgot i was bidding on it

Bidding has ended for this item at £18,100.00. You were outbid.

Red_Devil_germany

26th Sep 06 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Long search has a end... i found a Company who sells a lot of Carbon and GRP Parts for Corsa/Nova.

http://www.magnummotorsport.co.uk/

But i still am searching for other parts.

Have you an Adress where i can buy the Frontlight "glass" in Polycarbonate?
dhdev

26th Sep 06 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My Long search has a end... i found a Company who sells a lot of Carbon and GRP Parts for Corsa/Nova.

http://www.magnummotorsport.co.uk/

But i still am searching for other parts.

Have you an Adress where i can buy the Frontlight "glass" in Polycarbonate?

Bastid! Thats the site I was keeping to myself So much for staying one step ahead of the game, lasted all of 5 mins

P.S. Nobody tell the nova boys
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
26th Sep 06 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how unfortunate Oli.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lightweight Corsa 22 database queries in 0.1914032 seconds