corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My engine bay...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My engine bay...
Teknologikal

User status: Offline
7th Sep 06 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...needs attention (rust spots in places) and whilst the engine is out now is the most opportune time to do it. She's having a full body respray but unlikely will include the engine bay. What can I do to tidy it up before the engine goes back in (which has to be soon)...suggestions.

I wish I could afford (time and cash) to have the car stripped to the shell and sprayed in the bay too but it's not likely to happen.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Sep 06 at 05:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine out, cover up any components that will likely to fuckup with paint sprayed over them

Scrub all the shite and grime off, then look at rust treating any areas that need it (battery tray for example) and then get some halfords primer&paint on it
Root

26th Feb 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sand down rusty spots, rust treat them, then prime it and bodge spray it.

If the rust looks bad get a small hammer or something and hit the rust (not too hard), if it crumbles or anything, you need to cut it out and weld some more metal in there.
AlexW

26th Feb 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With my nova i got a wire wheel on my grinder and done the whole bay, then lots of kurust, primer and effort and it didnt look too bad.

Rattle cans FTW
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comma traffic film remover in a squirty bottle. Spray the full engine bay, leave for 15minutes then jet wash off then you can see if bay needs any work or rust preventative
Jack1.6valver

26th Feb 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really want to take a grinding stone to it mate and make sure its back to shiney metal,then paint it,if its a deep gouge slap sum filler on it or as root said you would be better cutting it out and replacing it with a new bit of sheet!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My engine bay... 22 database queries in 0.0130279 seconds