corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiat Punto Grande Brake Pads Recall ?!?!?!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fiat Punto Grande Brake Pads Recall ?!?!?!?
blebo

User status: Offline
30th Aug 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anybody shed some light on this.

Took my car back to the dealer today as the breaks are squeling like a biatch when braking at roundabouts etc. (its really loud as well)

When I went to pick the car up I was told that they had ordered new front pads (Car is one month old, done 1300 miles). They said that Fiat had recommended a brake modification and new pads would be fitted.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this modification?

What have they changed, what does it effect, will it effect my G/f cars (exact same motor but orange not black)

Any Gen
Robin
Premium Member

30th Aug 06 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the recall was needed for your car, get the g/f's done too, if its exactly the same.
blebo

30th Aug 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recall was maybe the wrong word to use as I wouldnt have known about it If I hadn't took the car back

This is why I need more information incase it is a saftey issue

[Edited on 30-08-2006 by blebo]
mwg

30th Aug 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your girlfriends car back and tell them to look at as you are corcerned that it may have the same problem
jr

30th Aug 06 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be a safety campaign, nothing to worry about, audi/vw have about 40-50 cuuret active saftey campaigns
blebo

31st Aug 06 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT - Just incase any day time peeps have any info
Cybermonkey

31st Aug 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its to do with the rear calipers AFAIK, it affects the Corsa C with rear discs, had mine sorted last week. they squeal like crazy when reversing and braking

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiat Punto Grande Brake Pads Recall ?!?!?!? 22 database queries in 0.0052040 seconds