corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got pulled by a copper

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got pulled by a copper
Jenko_Sport

User status: Offline
29th Aug 06 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv lost count how many times iv been pulled over for aparently not wearing my seatbelt.

'Iv pulled you over because you were'nt wearing your seatbelt'
'Your right i wasnt'
'Are you trying to be funny about this'
Buts both thumbs under harness and say 'No Harnesses'

And thats when the apology speech comes out
Lynny

30th Aug 06 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa boy Jay T
one of the bell ends followed me the other day 4 agez, every turn they jus followed! they do it on purpose to distract you, and eventually you make a mistake and they pull you over, give u a bollockin, 3 points n 60 quid fine! to them its a laugh, coz most of them hate boy racers!

maybe you get the 3 points for crap english skills? majority of time, as ash said, theyre just doing their job, alot of people seem to think the world is against them because they drive a modified car. id bet money on the fact that theres more illegally driven modified cars, or cars driven illegally by young drivers than any other group. random spot checks keep people on their toes. they often catch people with no licence/insurance like this, tbh theyre doing a good job! imagine if youre car was written off by someone with no licence/insurance etc, had to pay for it yourself......then you'd wish that person had been pulled a week earlier!
Marc

30th Aug 06 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 times out of 10 you desrved to be pulled. Driving a suspect car with stick on tat deserves a quick check in some cases imo. My car has a scoop and huge wing, yet everyone knows thats how its supposed to look, so I've had no bother. Do the same to a Corsa etc and you open yourself up to all sorts of scrutineering...
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly i will just clear up we dont need any excuse to "pull you" section 163 gives us the power to stop any vehicle to check for documents so the fact you were driving fast by the sounds of it will just raise the officers suspicion. At the end of the day thats our job and you would be suprised how often when we get a hunch about a car and pull it you were right in doing so be it for what ever reason, but all this slating coppers my reply is buy yourself a normal car which doesnt stand out so much and make stupid loud noises then maybe you wont catch the attention of the police.
Bri-SRi

30th Aug 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the first time youve benn pulled in two years of driving?

mwg

30th Aug 06 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it naughty if a traffic police car was going the opposite way to you and it suddenly decided to turn round and follow you so before it caught you up you went off round the corner and hid in the pub car park and watched them fly past unaware that you had turned off
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
is it naughty if a traffic police car was going the opposite way to you and it suddenly decided to turn round and follow you so before it caught you up you went off round the corner and hid in the pub car park and watched them fly past unaware that you had turned off

technically yeah, thats failing to stop the hard thing would be proving you had the intention of not stopping, although a few choice questions would prove that. key word is hid, there is your intention of not stopping.
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

by the way doesnt have to be a traffic police car any marked police vehicle has the power to stop you, as does a officer in uniform.
mwg

30th Aug 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it wasn't me driving then.

Yeah I know any police car can stop you. We were in my girlfriends car and doing 25mph in a 30 zone, not even a modded car or anything illegal on it so she couldn't understand what he wanted

[Edited on 30-08-2006 by Matty G]
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Glad it wasn't me driving then.

Yeah I know any police car can stop you. We were in my girlfriends car and doing 25mph in a 30 zone, not even a modded car or anything illegal on it so she couldn't understand what he wanted

[Edited on 30-08-2006 by Matty G]

As i said mate it may just be the officers suspicion the reason he wants to follow you and often its not that we are following you but waiting for a safe point to pull you over.

Wrighty

30th Aug 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Davido
quote:

technically yeah,

Mather.16v

30th Aug 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled over last week for going threw a red light just as it changed

he asked me to get out and stood infront of me car and asked what colour his rear light was i said there is no light, you need to replace your bulds embarrassed the cunt a bit

i then came up with some bollocks about it being the better desision no stopping because otherwise i would have locked up trying to stop for the lights at the speed i was going (32'ish), he let me on my way in no time

Marc

30th Aug 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure it says in the highway code that you don't have to stop if it is unsafe to do so, need t oask yourself why it would be unsafe though imo!!
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'm sure it says in the highway code that you don't have to stop if it is unsafe to do so, need t oask yourself why it would be unsafe though imo!!

that is down to the officer you would hope they wouldnt pull you over in an unsafe place in the first place.

[Edited on 30-08-2006 by Davido]
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

although when your on an immediate commitment blue and two's going, the places some people decide to stop is scary

[Edited on 30-08-2006 by Davido]
Andy_W

30th Aug 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

I was shaking like a leaf it has to be said.

did someone order a pansy
Wrighty

30th Aug 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy_W
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

I was shaking like a leaf it has to be said.

did someone order a pansy

i see two

[Edited on 30-08-2006 by Wrighty]
Andy_W

30th Aug 06 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ you wont be seeing anything when i slap you round the head with my bat mofo
Tommy

30th Aug 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love giving bored coppers grief, my fave so far has been

Have you been drinking Sir ?
I said yes
How much have you had ?
I said about four pints.
He said right were going to breathalise you !
I said why does Coke show up on those things.
He looked v pissed but his m8 behind had to stop him self laughing.
Wrighty

30th Aug 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl
Davido

30th Aug 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudandLow

I said yes
How much have you had ?
I said about four pints.

its funny how you think that would impress a copper, pretty much every person i speak when there with there mates or what, try larging it up its funny i just cant get my head round why individuals might think being smart like that is going to impress anyone, other than make themselves look a bit pathetic really.
Ojc

30th Aug 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davido, you need to pull Rachel over for having sh1t tyres on the front of her car next time you see her.
FasT09

30th Aug 06 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled by undercover cop who sed he followed me in town and sed wots the limit in town. i sed 30mph and he sed he was tryin to follow me at 40mph n still cudnt catch me. he breathalised me wich i was fine n then let me off. eh surely if im doin over 40 in town hed do me. i think he wa lying cause i cudnt remember anyone behind me especially since it was midnight.
Tommy

30th Aug 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LoudandLow

I said yes
How much have you had ?
I said about four pints.

its funny how you think that would impress a copper, pretty much every person i speak when there with there mates or what, try larging it up its funny i just cant get my head round why individuals might think being smart like that is going to impress anyone, other than make themselves look a bit pathetic really.

Its funny how u think i wanted to impress him tw@ cough, i wanted to piss him off coz he stopped me for no reason at all.
mwg

30th Aug 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When ever I've been stopped in the past I have always been polite and co-operative with them. I've only ever been stopped when I've been doing something wrong like speeding or making a turn out of a junction I wasn't allowed to. Then he asked my name, did a vehicle check, recognised my 2nd name and suddenly became all chatty when he realised he knew my Dad (Dad's a policeman) and sent me on my way without any fine

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got pulled by a copper 22 database queries in 0.0215909 seconds