corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone else having problems contacting Dave A regarding purchases etc?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone else having problems contacting Dave A regarding purchases etc?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
30th Aug 06 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex:

as you said you are happy with the car, then months later you complain, did I hold a gun to his head and force him to buy it? no infact I even drove 120 miles to take the car to him so he could see it as he had no transport! You bought the car sold as seen and were happy with it. as I have explained to you before, the thing with the green flag couldnt be transfered to your name as I was paying by direct debit and they wouldnt transfer it. You didnt pay extra for it and it was just a bonus with the sale. unfortunately it didnt go as planned but it didnt cost anyone anything. as for the MFD thing, It had never worked for me, I had never looked at it to find out why. it is a common fault on vauxhalls for these to break.

Corsaaa_16v:

you bought some suspension, very cheap. they were in excellent condition, suspension does get dirty. Ive got some pics of them before I took them off, I will look for them and post them up, they werent 'caked in shit' at all! plus you have never mentioned this to me before.

Fat Rew:

I sent you a doorcard, nothing happened for weeks, I get a card through the door weeks later to collect a parcel from the post office, it turns out to be the doorcard that you have sent back. Out of good will I get your bank details and ask Barclays to do a transfer. told you it was done, then nothing was said until 4 weeks later whan you say you never got it. My bank have confiremed that the transfer was completed to your account for the amount of £20. go check your statements!

In general I think people expect too much when buying second hand goods. If Alex wasnt happy with the car he didnt have to buy it, If calidus was buying a car maybe he should have viewed it himself rather than sending 2 people that didnt have a clue about what they were doing! Fat Rew, I have refunded you your money plus an extra £5, didnt have to refund you at all but I did. Corsaaa_16v: I cleaned the suspension with a jetwash. stop whinging about suspension being dirty, if it was such a problem why not mention this before?
calidus

30th Aug 06 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason why 2 people came to collect the shell from you was to uphold MY SIDE of the deal...I thought that after paying a deposit, and after some phone calls about what came with it and what didnt, it was going to be a nice transaction with a quality bloke...the whole reason for sending them up on that sunday was to ensure it was collected when discussed as I was trying to be the good trusting blokie I believed you to be.

and as for the interior being missing, read the post yourself, you say door cards and seats were missing, no wording of whole interior wise at all.

Following on from my post that got deleted about these issues, you said you would post me the parts I still required, which I thought was being very good of me rather than sending a bill for ALL the parts that I have had to account for that were supposedly included in the shell, and you could not even send them! there is alot of trust on CS and this is one of the things that makes the cummunity work so well...you just took the mick a lil bit
Ojc

30th Aug 06 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some people expect to much from second hand goods, seriously FFS what do you expect.

There is no excuse for delays in transactions for money etc though.
calidus

30th Aug 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if parts are said to be in the sale...and you have paid for these parts all in the price and already paid a deposit to secure it all...what would you expect? say you was buying a nova that had full gsi kit...and said yer I will have the car mate...heres 200 deposit will come get it at weekend...and when U collect it, the car was standard and they said to you that you was buying the car...not all the GSi stuff? its almost laughable...taking the interior mirror and the wiper arms and blades and linkage? WTF? im surprised the crumbs werent sucked up totally from the interior in case someone needed food and the paint wasnt carefully scraped off for a future project
Tarrantino

30th Aug 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather than moaning why dont you just ask for a refund
--Dave--
Banned

30th Aug 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know how you feel Calidus but it's always a risk when doing deals with anyone to be honest. You don't have any comeback if things go wrong either.

I had a terrific time when dealing with Red_Sxi (aka Todd). He told me he could spray things, he blatantly couldn't ended up getting the majority of it sprayed again because it started to peel off

Lesson learnt, won't be making that mistake again. Perhaps that's what you should put this deal down as.
--Dave--
Banned

30th Aug 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to mention the numerous excuses I was given as to why my car wasn't ready. I then bought his Masitaly rims off him which were apparently in A1 condition.... they weren't my fault for not checking properly at the time (it was almost dark and i was excited ) but it just goes to show.
Dione J

30th Aug 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I think some people expect to much from second hand goods, seriously FFS what do you expect.

There is no excuse for delays in transactions for money etc though.

Agreed, think a lesson should be learnt from this as when i sell items i get the buyer to sign a declaration form to confirm. SOLD AS SEEN, NO COMEBACKS!!

calidus

30th Aug 06 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate...all I was asking for of the parts missing was the blooming parcel shelf though lol Hokey kokey I have a new proposal...I will stop my moaning and complaining Dave and let bygones be bygones in return for the promised parcel shelf or say 40-50 GBP to cover one from a breakers including postage? as I have yet to find a sport parcel shelf ANYWHERE! it cuts both our losses and ends the fued...?
Dione J

30th Aug 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your problems to Trisha, I say rice you say pea
neiliosxi

30th Aug 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d_jay50
SOLD AS SEEN, NO COMEBACKS!!

Is this what your receipt says? On things i have sold i always put sold as seen on the receipt.
calidus

30th Aug 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope not at all
fat_rew

30th Aug 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

Fat Rew:

I sent you a doorcard, nothing happened for weeks, I get a card through the door weeks later to collect a parcel from the post office, it turns out to be the doorcard that you have sent back. Out of good will I get your bank details and ask Barclays to do a transfer. told you it was done, then nothing was said until 4 weeks later whan you say you never got it. My bank have confiremed that the transfer was completed to your account for the amount of £20. go check your statements!

In general I think people expect too much when buying second hand goods. If Alex wasnt happy with the car he didnt have to buy it, If calidus was buying a car maybe he should have viewed it himself rather than sending 2 people that didnt have a clue about what they were doing! Fat Rew, I have refunded you your money plus an extra £5, didnt have to refund you at all but I did. Corsaaa_16v: I cleaned the suspension with a jetwash. stop whinging about suspension being dirty, if it was such a problem why not mention this before?

Dave A - This is just another example of where you lie to get people off your back. I have checked my online payments and I have received nothing off you.

You even said last week you would send me the cash so you know you havent sent me anything!

Stop messing people around and take responsibility. I wash my hands of you from now on, its not worth the effort.
Cybermonkey

30th Aug 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPS8-22ngvo
jazzer2k3

30th Aug 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be honest, Dave A has helped me all the time i ave asked

I did and engine swap and couldn't get it working at all, he sent me a ECU with transponder and key by special delivery...I also bought brakes and calipers off him

Dave A - Top Bloke
jamied

30th Aug 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't he sell a dodgy engine a while back?
Dave A

30th Aug 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I didnt
Basscrazy

30th Aug 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not what a mechanic said i think the words he said was more use as a fucking paper wieght its worst engine hes seen ever sold as mint 306 saw it being fitted and filling the place with smoke you know you did no point getting into all that again but you should stop lying when you sell as it seems to be biting you in the ass
Dave A

30th Aug 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basscrazy, you bought an engine then complained 4 MONTHS later that you had problems.
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
30th Aug 06 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do we really need to go through this again?
Dave A

30th Aug 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it all comes down to the fact people expect far too much from 2nd hand goods. FFS if you buy an engine than fit a new inlet and probably rag the fcuk out of it it will blow up sooner or later.

complaining about it 4 months later is a pisstake.
jamied

30th Aug 06 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didnt rag the fuk out of it, it was waitin to be fitted FFS
people expect far too much??
an engine to work?
Dione J

30th Aug 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPS8-22ngvo

pmsl
Dave A

30th Aug 06 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way i look at it is that 99% of people I have dealt with have been fine.

the people that havnt comes down to this:

calidus: bought a shell and expected a complete car

basscrazy: bought a engine and blew it up then blamed me

Fat-Rew: bought doorcards then used them, then sent them back and expected a re-fund (which I did)

corsaaa_16v: bought 2nd hand suspension and complained it was dirty!

Alex: bought a 5 year old car and the MFD didnt work.

ainsley_brader

30th Aug 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
the way i look at it is that 99% of people I have dealt with have been fine.

the people that havnt comes down to this:

calidus: bought a shell and expected a complete car

basscrazy: bought a engine and blew it up then blamed me

Fat-Rew: bought doorcards then used them, then sent them back and expected a re-fund (which I did)

corsaaa_16v: bought 2nd hand suspension and complained it was dirty!

Alex: bought a 5 year old car and the MFD didnt work.

TBF from reading this post it seems to be your attitude thats the problem not the product.

Rob paid top money for that shell and expected what you said there would be seems fair enough. But then you promised to send him what he wanted and didnt and still havent replied to his last post in this topic.

I cant comment on the engine

Fat Rew story seems very different to yours!

Alex's car wasnt the fact the mfd didnt work it was the fact the plug had been robbed. Perhaps you shouldnt have said it was an easy fix without looking at it!

And its all well and good saying people expect to much but no mention of what people have spent.

If I spent £100 on a corsa i wouldnt be expcting a lot probably a breaker tbh.
But if i spent £1000 i would expect it to be right!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone else having problems contacting Dave A regarding purchases etc? 22 database queries in 0.1993179 seconds