corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The official Liverpool vs Maccabi Haifa 2nd leg thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The official Liverpool vs Maccabi Haifa 2nd leg thread
Tom

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Predictions?

I think we'll play quite open again in the first half and should get a couple. Hopefully kuyt will play a part. Little concerned about riise and carragher being out but I think it'll end up 3-1 on the (5-2 aggregate )
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kuyt cant play until the next round (signed him after the deadline for the qualifiers). Agger will replace Carra (he has looked good so far IMO but is no Carra!) and Aurellio will replace Riise (he was shocking in the first leg so hopefully Aurellio will do better against their RW then him). Think Alonso and Gerrard will play in the middle, rest Sissoko and play Gonzalez and Pennant. Upfront Id guess Bellamy and Crouch.

I think it'll be an easier game for us, at Anfield they came and sat back but now they need a goal so will give us a little more space to attack. A quick goal and we could get 4 or 5 as they'll really need to attack, if not I'll go for 2-0.
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also hope Finnan starts ahead of Komkramp as he was shocking against Shef Utd. How he cost Betis (I think) £5.5mil I dont know, just glad we only swapped him for Josemi.
Tom

22nd Aug 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they won't be able to play their preffered counter attack as they'll be pushing more.

I'm a little concerned about agger and aurrelio in defence they didn't look they knew what eachother were doing on saturday, hopefully they'll work better tonight.

Didn't know Kuyt was out til' next round oh well at least it aint the whole cl.

Agreed that sissoko will get a rest and it'll be nice to see alonso if he plays well with gerrard in middle. Hope we can use pennant and gonzalez to their full potential I would like to think if we go up a few quickly they will get a bit creative
Tom

22nd Aug 06 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Also hope Finnan starts ahead of Komkramp as he was shocking against Shef Utd. How he cost Betis (I think) £5.5mil I dont know, just glad we only swapped him for Josemi.

Kromwank was woeful on saturday. Was a bit funny to see him play after we tried to add him into the kuyt deal a few days earlier suppose benitez just totally underestimated sheff utd
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agger looked great in the Charity shield, and would of preferred to see him and Carra together as think Hyypia looks slower than ever so far this season.

Not seen much of Auellio at LB, but showed a few good signs against Shef Utd, will be a test for him tonight as that RW is a good player and had Riise all game last time.
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Kromwank was woeful on saturday. Was a bit funny to see him play after we tried to add him into the kuyt deal a few days earlier suppose benitez just totally underestimated sheff utd

Finnan was injured and he is the only cover (Paletta was also injured so couldnt play him) so had no choice. He was apparently over in Holland having talks with a few clubs just before the game too

If he goes, which I expect he will, then Id imagine we are signing Alves to battle it out with Finnan and Pennant on that right side. Will probably depend on if we win tonight and earn the money!
Tom

22nd Aug 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought palleta was alright

Really hope we get alves he would be such a good signing.

It's very strange how our whole team dynamic has changed. Look at the actual difference in players compared to for example the CL final winning team

Dudek, (alves/palleta), agger, aurrelio, pennant, gonzalez, sissoko, bellamy, crouch

[Edited on 22-08-2006 by Tom]
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah Paletta has done his Knee, not sure how long he is out for though. He is def one for the future, will be a tough choice on who to partner Carra between Agger and Paletta by the end of the season.

That team was still half Houlliers, had some crap in there that wasnt good enough to be in a top flight side IMO...not starting 11 anyway. It seems Rafa is finally getting the team his way now and most of the dead wood has gone. Once things gel I think it'll be a hard team to beat in all competitions.
Tom

22nd Aug 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep i'm really happy about his signings don't get me wrong

Wonder if kewell will figure this season
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Yep i'm really happy about his signings don't get me wrong

Wonder if kewell will figure this season

Id imagine more as a forward like Garcia probably will. If he'd of been fit I think he would of been sold, but that stopped those plans.
J da Silva

22nd Aug 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep tabs on Xavier, just moved from Corinthians to Haifa, good going forward after a Liverpool attack breakdown.
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Team....

Reina

Finnan, Hyypia, Agger, Warnock

Sissoko, Alonso, Gonzalez, Pennant

Garcia, Crouch
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Bench....

Dudek, Kromkamp, Gerrard, Fowler, Aurelio, Bellamy, Zenden.
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half time, 0-0

Been mostly all Liverpool other than one good ball by them into the box. Garcia has had a few great chances well saved, and Crouch should of done better with a shot. Expect us to go on and win 2-0 now, Bellamy would do well in this game so think he'll come on for Garcia. And if it stays 0-0 by about 70mins ish then Gerrard will be on.

On a bad note, Warnock is off with another ankle injury
mav

22nd Aug 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not watched it yet, will see some of 2nd half..

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 06 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has crouch ever scored with his feet just wondering
gianluigi

22nd Aug 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
has crouch ever scored with his feet just wondering

sadly he has
Nath

22nd Aug 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1-1 now
dj_mikey_k

22nd Aug 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well we made it,

Glad i get my tix for the champions league games now, via the auto cup buy in
mattwhite

22nd Aug 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sissoko - another injury!!! whats going on?? 2 games and 4 injuries
Robbo

22nd Aug 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seemed to sneak it a bit but your throuigh and thats what matters end of day!
mav

22nd Aug 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it end 1-1?
Cosmo

22nd Aug 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ended 1-1, 3-2 on agg.

We didnt sneak the 2nd leg, were all over them for majority of the game (same at Anfield really), we just didnt take advantage and score enough goals. Its only early in the season so expect that TBH.

Important thing is we are through, gives us 12mil+ more now atleast and should see Alves signing in near future I think.

I could live with the Warnock injury, but the Sissoko one worries me. He is going to be such an important player this season and the injury looked very bad

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The official Liverpool vs Maccabi Haifa 2nd leg thread 23 database queries in 0.0384529 seconds