corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Apr 07 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just commenting on how cool they were when they were wrapped up
broster
Premium Member

24th Apr 07 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, the bottom end is now completely built and sealed up, just need my head back now and some cams! going to run an electric water pump on it too so one or too bits left to purchase.... anyway some pics:

One super sexy bottom end! (IMO obviously!)

now its all sealed away from dust, bugs and fingerprints:

Im so excited!
Robin
Premium Member

24th Apr 07 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wowowowowowowow.
broster
Premium Member

24th Apr 07 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the new bottom pulley also means i can now use the tiny alternator properly and use the correct pulley on that and the correct belt! no more dodgy spacer washers! wooooo
GHurn

24th Apr 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks excellent mate!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spank mark spank
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got back with lots of supplies for todays tasks! pics later
ryzer

25th Apr 07 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a work of art
dhdev

25th Apr 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool

Look forward to the pics later
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dash panel now has pretty much everything mounted in it that i want..... just need to lable up a few more things like the fuses to make life easier....

its getting there now!

also todays little collection from work:

1x management system and loom to start wiring in thinks like fuel pump relay, fan relay launch control and flat shift...

and also a bit of carbon i found left over from the q plate at work which will make me a nice dash pod..... all the interior wiring will be finished today i hope!

just off now to collect the cylinder head
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SPANK.
Robin
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be running this week then
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Could be running this week then

nope still need:
cams
valve springs caps etc
solid lifters
water pump
dry sump tank
all related pipe work

then it could be running
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last pic update for today:

Mounted the push button for the stack and the spa gauges in the center consol:

will be painting that black tomorrow

made a bit of carbon fit in the hole where the dash used to be, then threw some gauges at it:

then i mounted the push button starter panel:

in the old fuse box lid:

tomorrow is the last full day ill be able to spend on the car for a few weeks so i have my work cut out to sort all the rest of the bits out, i.e. the door panels need to be made etc!
Robin
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the plan with door panels?

you're putting weight back in?
Joe

25th Apr 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the SPA switch for? Have you got a foot spa in there for when your feet ache? Seriously though, can't wait to see this car up and running.
dhdev

25th Apr 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Stack rev counter and SPA speedo look so good!!!
Is the ignition switch not a risk of getting knocked down there? i.e accidental switching off of the engine when dancing from brake to accel?
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was worried about that too dhdev, but there is plenty of room there so it wont get knocked. it was just a trial fitment so ill see how it goes, can always move it to the air vent.

joe, the spa button is for the SPA speedo device. it does many different things so a button is needed to scroll thru
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev

thinking th 10.5k rpm rev counter wont be big enough tho car will rev to 11k i think... should have got the 13k one really!
dhdev

25th Apr 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by dhdev

thinking th 10.5k rpm rev counter wont be big enough tho car will rev to 11k i think... should have got the 13k one really!

I thought exactly the same when i looked at it!
But... willit just max out when it goes past the rev counters limit? cos at those revs you won't be looking at the counter anyway, so shift lights would take care of things past the limit of the counter.
broster
Premium Member

25th Apr 07 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure, the rev counter goes to 10500rpm, think ill have a limiter at 11000 so its not so bad! i have a shift light function on the stack and one for the management...

[Edited on 25-04-2007 by broster]
jr

25th Apr 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mark how did you do the semi circles on the panel, cut and then bend them ?

looks really good BTW
Bendy

25th Apr 07 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same rev counter as mine! Very good they are!
Your fuel gauge, what make is it and are you still using the standard vauxhall sender as I used a TIM Gauge in my Nova Rally Car with the standard sender and the gauge was all over the shop!!
Cheers
broster
Premium Member

26th Apr 07 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a racetech gauges, i have a JAZ fuel cell with built in sender which will work, however i feel i wont have tiem to fit the cell before pvs.... so ill see if it works on the standard tank and sender.

jr, yep the panel is all one piece, took a while to make, needs neatening up a bit, but i thought it would look better with te semi circles rather than just a hole into the dash.
broster
Premium Member

26th Apr 07 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now it is complete

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK 23 database queries in 0.0266728 seconds