corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » those random mobile contract expiry calls

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author those random mobile contract expiry calls
SetH

User status: Offline
17th Aug 06 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think there was a post about this not so long ago?

Im getting a call a day now from people saying, "I understand your contract is going to expire in october blah blah"

really fcuking me off

what was all that data protection spiele ian posted the other day?

failing that ill probalby end up doing a bricktop voice "If you call me again, i`ll cut your fucking jacobs off"

but id rather do ians spiele.
3CorsaMeal

17th Aug 06 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just keep asking them to repeat stuff, till they give up
Gg_mf

17th Aug 06 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting these calls about 3 times a day. Really starting to get on my nerves. They used to do it when i first started my contract too.
gianluigi

17th Aug 06 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember on the snoopy show when the kids were in school, and they spoke to the teacher....and when the teacher talked, all that "sir" said was "bow baa boa" lol or something like that....well when they phone me, i speak liek the teacher, and they continue talking as if im interested
Rob_Lee
Banned

17th Aug 06 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want them to call me.... i find it funny!

Just make animal noises!
dna23

17th Aug 06 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it was this: http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=303933

But Ian has removed his reply
_Allan_

17th Aug 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like to play random soundboard sounds down the speaker phone.

The Arnie one is great.
Edd

17th Aug 06 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simply ask them to remove your name from their list and not to call again

by law they must oblige
_Allan_

17th Aug 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
simply ask them to remove your name from their list and not to call again
by law they must oblige

They don't give a fuck about the law. They still call regardless. I just give them abuse
SXi_Tim

17th Aug 06 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just hang up as soon as i catch on to who it is, i get around 3 a month and its fcuking annoying
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 06 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Law is Data Protection Act, there are a number of principlines within it that mean they are working outside of the law when they phone you.

Data must be accurate and up to date - which its not if they get the date wrong because they're assuming your contracts are 12 months but you renewed short in 9/10/whatever.

Data must also not be kept for longer than is necessary - same thing really. If you bought something years ago and you're no longer a customer of theirs then they shouldn't really keep it, especially in light of the fact that they're only keeping it for speculative sales which is a different purpose to that which it was originally taken for.

You can also ask for postal address in order to make a Subject Access Request, in which the company must give you all information which they hold about you. They are legally allowed to charge up to a tenner for this and to take 40 days in which to respond, but they must do so unless there is a disproportionate effort required to get the data, which given its all on computer there won't be.

Generally at this point you'll find out that the company don't actually know much about you only perhaps name and date of the contract as thats all they bought. They usually won't know anything about the handset or contract, which is another excuse to end the call - if they know so little they're clearly having a go when they say they're agents for Orange/Voda etc.
SetH

17th Aug 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, thanks Ian.
Shelly
Premium Member

17th Aug 06 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can also sign your mobile up to the TPS (Telephone Preference Service). Aparently if you get a call from someone trying to sell you something and you mention your logged with TPS, they can face huge fines.

Telephone Preference Service Website

It has worked for me.
LeeM

17th Aug 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point askin em to remove u, you'll be gettin called by a different one of the hundreds of companies each time, and they have nothin to do with each other! 90% of the time they'll simply have a number for u and know rougly how much it'll cost to upgrade u, for example if ure on orange phone this number --->01613800152
when asked for ure connecter code press 1111#
Shelly
Premium Member

17th Aug 06 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does that do?
Dean_W

17th Aug 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
You can also sign your mobile up to the TPS (Telephone Preference Service). Aparently if you get a call from someone trying to sell you something and you mention your logged with TPS, they can face huge fines.

It has worked for me.

Worked for my home phone, but can you add mobiles to this?
LeeM

17th Aug 06 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tel u how much it should cost u to upgrade and what "band" ure on, 1 lowest= never get a decent phone out of em, 5 highest= u can get anythin u want from em
worth tryin cos on orange if ure band 5 u can upgrade after 7-8 months some times
Shelly
Premium Member

17th Aug 06 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i'm not going to stay with orange anyway next time
Shelly
Premium Member

17th Aug 06 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:

It has worked for me.

Worked for my home phone, but can you add mobiles to this?

Yeah, I registered mine just after I upgraded in February, because I had all these random companies "ringing on behalf of..." to tell me i am eligible for an upgrade. interupting me at work and things, which annoyed me.
Dean_W

17th Aug 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one. May have to add my mobile.
dna23

17th Aug 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee_wee do o2 have this mate?
LeeM

17th Aug 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but i dont know the number, and if theres a passcode i definately dont know it! i used to work for orange and was just usin that to give an example of how these companbies work
Martin_C

17th Aug 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to get one calling all the time, just hung up every time, got a few calls a day.

eventually lost it and told them to fuck off and never call again, seemed to work.
BlueCorsa

17th Aug 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always used to get them ringing saying that they were from Orange and offering me an upgrade to my 'Orange mobile' (my number started off on Orange). I just tell them I'm not on Orange and have never been on Orange and they usually get really confused and apologise.

[Edited on 17-08-2006 by BlueCorsa]
_Allan_

17th Aug 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, I registered mine just after I upgraded in February, because I had all these random companies "ringing on behalf of..." to tell me i am eligible for an upgrade. interupting me at work and things, which annoyed me.

I was on this for months at home and mobile and cunts still rang

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » those random mobile contract expiry calls 22 database queries in 0.1071091 seconds