corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cooling Fans (Urgent Answers)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cooling Fans (Urgent Answers)
Wrighty_1988

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey recently ive noticed that my car been getting very hot (100+)

I decided to check the fuses to see whether the cooling fans are doing their job and notice one 30A fuse has blown im guessing that this is the cooling fan one as i let the idle to 100C and the fan didnt come on, i let the car cool down and i was able to put a full kettle's worth of water in the radiator to get it to level, but the fans were still blowing fuses. I then proceeded to take off the bumper etc to get to the fans, i took off the fan which is the first one you come to when you take the bumper off and i then put a new fuse in the place and let the idle to 100C this time only the one i had took off turned on at 100C. This stumped me as before it hadnt been working, there was alot of leaves and that packed behind the fan could this have caused it to blow the 30A fuse ? Also should both of the radiator fans turn on at 100C ???

Thanks.
Wrighty_1988

22nd Jul 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Will_Sport

22nd Jul 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car you got? cos corsas don't take coolant in the radiator, they fill up via expansion tank (is that what they're called?)

check your wires, coolant temp sensors, thermostats, everything to do with coolant system.

infact just seen you say you have 2 fans.

make a temp manual switch for them and turn on when its getting hot, also your coolant shouldn't boil until 120 deg, so god knows where its going, not leaking onto a wire is it blowing the fuse?
Chris_Sport

22nd Jul 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the fan couldn't turn cos of leaves etc then this could cause fuse to blow. Fan won't kick in till about 98 - 100 degrees.
Wrighty_1988

22nd Jul 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fan seems to work when it was taken off of the radiator so im guessing its was just clogged up, how hard is it to get the radiator off as i might aswell clean it out if its easy. Thanks

New Poll