corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » central locking problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author central locking problem
Nick

User status: Offline
18th Jul 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car got broken into last thursday at school, they broke the plastic door handle and prodded the locking rod with a screw driver....anyway i replaced the one handle (drivers) with a delocked one, i took the old one out however i left the backing plate with the locking mechanisum in side the door panel by the impact bars as it had an electrical wire connected to it.
i came to get in the car at school today and unlocked it using the lock on the passenger side. the car unlocked ok. I then locked it again however it did not lock the boot. i tried it again by locking and unlocking this time when i unlocked the car only the passenger door unlocked and no sound of central locking being activated. The drivers door will not come unlocked the door pin is firmly staying in the locked position. the boot will not lock, only the passenger door will lock.

any idea what the problem is? and more importantly how i should get the drivers door open?
Nick

18th Jul 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ainsley_brader

18th Jul 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you pulll the drivers lock up from inside
Nick

19th Jul 06 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope wont unlock from inside, pulled pin up with plyers and it just shoots back down
Corsa E-Tec

19th Jul 06 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like that you may have activated the deadlock on the drivers side, meaing you cant use the pins to unlock it.

Planty02

19th Jul 06 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be worth trying to get the door card off or at least bend it away from the door enough to get to the locking mechanism and use your key to unlock it.

New Poll