corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » we need a regional co-ordinator

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author we need a regional co-ordinator
shane2corsa

User status: Offline
11th Jul 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone? our region seems a little on the boring side at the mo, any suggestions? is everyone still happy with meeting at the pride of lincoln? its summer, cars are mint lets make the most of it.
Maybe we could have a few meets a month?

Any suggestions drop a post on here and ill try my best to reply.

Shane

[Edited on 11-07-2006 by shane2corsa]
ainsley_brader

11th Jul 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you are taking charge then theres no point looking for suggestions people don't respond to it and nothing happens!
If you want to "take charge" you have to do just that. You pick a date you stick to it and you try and get people to go. To many people have come and gone and they think it just organises itself it doesnt. It needs a lot of time and commitment to get people interested/involved!

Ainsley
(my opinions)
Greg_M

11th Jul 06 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i concur
shane2corsa

11th Jul 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ains, your car, its alive!!! in pvg we used to have meets at grantham organised by clint, that worked for a bit then no one turned up the last few meets, i would like to have a crack at makinf it work but i need to know if people are happy with the location or no one will be arsed to turn up!
Lisa

11th Jul 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shane2corsa
ains, your car, its alive!!! in pvg we used to have meets at grantham organised by clint, that worked for a bit then no one turned up the last few meets, i would like to have a crack at makinf it work but i need to know if people are happy with the location or no one will be arsed to turn up!

dunno if this is any help but we move out meets round every onth so that everyone gets a turn at not travelling too far, just a suggestion
ainsley_brader

11th Jul 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my problem with the pvg groups at grantham were this. First couple were fine. Next one i went to we went to McDonalds and then went home. Last one i went to i drove to Grantham and everyone decided to go to Lincoln to look round Halfords!

Plus they were always lunchtime on a Sunday 1 o clock sorry but i have commitments. Why cant they be later on 3 onwards especially this time of year!

I agree with moving location but the main problem with this region is it is just to big.
It would be nice to see regular Lincoln meets and there is enough off us to make it happen but nobody bothers.
Pub meet us fine so long as people talk!! but i'm not going to travel more than 20 miles to sit in a pub (lincoln, boston, grantham, skeg, louth) to travel to nottingham, derby, northants there needs to be more to see than a Bar!

[Edited on 11-07-2006 by ainsley_brader]
Greg_M

11th Jul 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right lincoln meet, get it organise shane
shane2corsa

11th Jul 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a huge job, im slightly bewildered tbh!

i agree on altering the time of our meets though, mid day is well out, i know its sunday and all that but ive still got stuff to do, personally i dont have a problem with having it later in the day.. 3/4 oclock

and for people who live slightly further away it gives them time to have a lazy and wash the car do the missis etc etc.

im not sure im up to this job though, not on my own anyways.
Greg_M

11th Jul 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob weaver was interested in organising stuff
shane2corsa

11th Jul 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^i changed thread title^ lol
calidus

11th Jul 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to try my hand in assisting or organising meets...however I currently only own 80% of a working car hence why I have not tried pushing to become an organiser just yet
shane2corsa

11th Jul 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive chickened out. im not an organiser, never will be lol
Robin
Premium Member

11th Jul 06 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem with doing the meets later, is the pwople who have to drive further wont go.... if we had a lincoln meet organised for 4pm one sunday, i wouldnt go, because its 2 hours back, and it ends up taking the evening as well as the afternoon

the last lincoln one was good though (the one that Ben organised) but as far as i remember, it started earlier

i do agree though, we need active organisers, not ones who are gonna pop in once a month

oh, and as you are down here at the weekend lads, come to the meet thats organised
CorsAsh

11th Jul 06 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should have a coordinator betwen WM and EM, a WMEMRC if you please. Could try and linkp up the midlands to get better turnouts per meet...
Robin
Premium Member

11th Jul 06 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not a bad idea TBH
CorsAsh

12th Jul 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just figured that over here theres rarely a large turnout, and if you're having similar probs in the EMR, it might be better to meet on some middle ground and have a decent turnout for the entire Midlands.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Jul 06 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we could do with Ian giving us the national map without any of the coloured dots on, so we can see where the regions converge
Reedy

13th Jul 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think robin should become a regional organiser lol. He lives on here all the time.
Robin
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no point in having one at all if we cant organise a succesful meet
Reedy

13th Jul 06 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
theres no point in having one at all if we cant organise a succesful meet

Like ive always said im game when the pug is running properly which should do soon.
Robin
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know dude, it wasnt a dig at you.
broster
Premium Member

13th Jul 06 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its hard work, i did it, had some sucessful meets, but i had to give up due to uni and work commitments

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » we need a regional co-ordinator 23 database queries in 0.0152569 seconds