corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » real bad whining noise :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author real bad whining noise :(
mattcape

User status: Offline
   11th Jul 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wondering if anyone can help me! ive got a real loud whining noise comming from the engine.. think its comming from the fan belt area may be one of the pumps..? can anyone help.. cheers.. matt
CoastalCorsa

11th Jul 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got pas = power steering - Check fluid

[Edited on 11-07-2006 by CoastalCorsa]
mattcape

11th Jul 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh got pas my boss said try topping it up i did and still no different does go slightly quieter when you turn the wheel sitting still though!!
CoastalCorsa

11th Jul 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drive car round yard or quiet car park at 5 - 10 mph turn wheels as much as possible if the whinnig gets worse / louder then it will be your pas fluid - needs sorting

if it is making a whining noise whilst the car is stationary then it aint your pas fluid - my mate has a 1.2 16v and his alternator used to whine obviously it was louder when it was being driven
mattcape

11th Jul 06 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it not be a/c pump or water pump as it sound like its comming from closer to the front end could cam belt make that noise if it is too low or fan belt??
CoastalCorsa

11th Jul 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be water pump or bearings to one of the pumps

safest thing is go to a reputable garage and have it checked out once they have located the problem they can either fix it or you buy the parts an have ago yourself if your fairly competant
mattcape

11th Jul 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye.. well im a quad bike mechanic but cars are too big and squashed in!! but i would giv it a go cheers for the help anyway mate
craig8
Premium Member

11th Jul 06 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this, its the alternator although it doesnt seem to have anything wrong

E36 328

New Poll