corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » buying a go with finance on it

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author buying a go with finance on it
M4tt_Envoy

User status: Offline
7th Jul 06 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm looking at buying a car but there is outstanding finance on it, the person says they will pay off the finance once they have the cash from me.

where do i stand in this situation?
Rich_J_Williams

7th Jul 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really know, but i would say it is safer to take the finance of the asking price and pay it yourself? or make them pay it before you pay!
horizon

7th Jul 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems dodgey.
Jambo

7th Jul 06 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by horizon
Seems dodgey.
M4tt_Envoy

7th Jul 06 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats im thinking, but didnt know wheter i could get them to sign something which says i will pay the finance off
Jason Iles

7th Jul 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not hand any cash over untill they have paid it off.
Have you asked them why they want your money before they pay the remainder off? Seems very odd
Toby
Premium Member

7th Jul 06 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt_Envoy
i'm looking at buying a car but there is outstanding finance on it, the person says they will pay off the finance once they have the cash from me.where do i stand in this situation?
they could get the cash from you and not pay the finace off leaving it with you to cover or the garage taking the car off you!! would be a court affair most prob
horizon

7th Jul 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legally he can Give you the car for the money, and he pays the rest of his finance off.
horizon

7th Jul 06 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
quote:
i'm looking at buying a car but there is outstanding finance on it, the person says they will pay off the finance once they have the cash from me.where do i stand in this situation?
they could get the cash from you and not pay the finace off leaving it with you to cover or the garage taking the car off you!! would be a court affair most prob

Can they do that, when its his car now? and the Finance is in the other guys name?
mwg

7th Jul 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a car dealer round here that was doing this.

All the cars on his forecourt were bought by him on finance through a finance company he had a deal with. If you bought a car off him and did it on finance you were fine as you would be paying the finance company, not the car dealer.

If you bought a car off him and paid cash the dealer pocketed the money for himself, didn't pay the finance off and eventually the finance company came and took the cars off all the people that had paid him cash to try and regain their losses as the finance company legally had the right to take the car if the payments weren't kept up.

I'd steer clear!

[Edited on 07-07-2006 by Matty G]
iceman

7th Jul 06 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a settlement figure from the finance company and pay it off yourself
Baskey

7th Jul 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ correct the finance can be on a car irrespective of the owner, thats why it shows on a hpi check, if it didnt matter there would be no need for hpi to investagate the finance
M4tt_Envoy

7th Jul 06 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Iles
Have you asked them why they want your money before they pay the remainder off? Seems very odd

i would imagine because they can't afford to pay it off until they have the cash
iceman

7th Jul 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i would imagine because they can't afford to pay it off until they have the cash

I had to do this with my last P1, the owner owed 4k to a finance company, i got to bankers drafts 1 for 4k made payable to the finance company and then deducted the 4k from the aggreed figure and got another bankers draft for him.
Job done
Jason Iles

7th Jul 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ah thats fair enough for some reason I thought it was a garage you were buying from, in a private sale i'd do what Iceman has suggested
Toby
Premium Member

7th Jul 06 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by horizon
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
quote:

Can they do that, when its his car now? and the Finance is in the other guys name?

happen to a friend but the existing finacee gave the company a friends details and said he was going to finish the payments

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » buying a go with finance on it 22 database queries in 0.0125370 seconds