corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fooked over by a dealership, Update 20/10/06

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fooked over by a dealership, Update 20/10/06
Dan Lewis

User status: Offline
   6th Jul 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i bought a 1982 Vw Cabriolet 1.6gl on tuesday from a dealer and it now looks like im going to court over this.

I purchased it for the sum of £1300, clipperkit, alloys, nice car although needed some minor touch up's. and the wheels aligned and new brakes + 6months tax 12months MOT

i purchase it cash is handed over and i get given the keys. All seems good but no its not

i drive off the fore court onto a very busy road bearing in mind its rush hour and i pull off and the car bogs down! i think nothing of this as it was an ol car i thought the jets just needed cleaning. but later to relise the car only had gears 3-4-5 and reverse. i relise the steering wheel is 180 degrees off center i thought bollocks they havent done the alignment so i got to a round about and the car cut out refused to hold idle correctly. Rear brakes grinding, so i called trading standards straight away and they said i could get a full refurnd no matter what.

I rang the garage and they said they would send a mechanic out it took them 1hr 30mins to send somebody out and they pulled my car to a petrol station put 3 quid of petrol in still wouldnt idle. SO the mechanic offered to drive it back to the garage bearing in mind he didnt have insurnace thats bad enough but he burnt the clutch out!!

I got back to the dealership and they said i should just leave the clutch to cool down and it would be ok. i think not!they would repair it, i didnt want the cowboys to repair it so i asked for a refund they declined drove my car to the side of the road gave me the keys and said "here you go its yours" "i wouldnt leave it here if i was you". and i was left there with a car which i feel is unsafe to be on the roads.

I rang the company up the other day and i had said i had been on to trading standards there replie "if you have spoken to them i will only speak to them*hangs up*"

So i was extremely pissed off.

Trading standards rang me up and told me my options-

They can ring the company up tell them there rights that its la to give me refund.

Or go to legal procedings.

i chose the first option. I then later rang the garage up and they said they are not going to give me a refund and do nothing.

So i am seeing a soliceter tomorrow about court proceedings!!!

[Edited on 06-07-2006 by almost_me]

*-*-*Update*-*-*

The court papers have been issued this evening.

Trading standards went to the dealers to ask them about the car and to tell them the law and they told them that they sold the car on the basis of spares or repairs. That angered me alot why would i pay the money for a car which is for spares or repairs. And why would they offer to repair it when it was spares or repairs?!?!!?

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by almost_me]

UPDATE

Just got a letter today saying the bailiff went to the place and guess what its empty!!!

So a bit of investigating i find them still trading on autotrader BUT under a new name!

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/60801/tradecars.htm

But the stupid twats have kept the mobile numbers they were using at "car save direct" so my dad is ringing them up being interested in a car and find out there address to go view it, and i pass this onto the bailiff and they go forth.

so its still not resovled after 3/4 months

[Edited on 20-10-2006 by almost_me]
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thieving cunts

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Matty_Moo_

6th Jul 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bastards... i hope u do them for every penny and the £3 petrol!!!
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shocking mate hope you get every penny back and then some!
M6RKK

6th Jul 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell thats some serious shit... did u not ask for a test drive b4 u bought it ?
ed

6th Jul 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get your money back before it goes to court. I bought a car a while back which was totally fucked, needed a new engine. Trading standards got involved, and solicitors wrote letters. I got my cash back within 2 weeks which was nice
Dan Lewis

6th Jul 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was in the show room at the back, so they started it and it ran fine every thing seemed good. There excuse for not taking it out was it was dangerous as the wheels were not aligned
abdus

6th Jul 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have any paperwork? how much you bought etc...?

Write a letter stating the details and express your intentions. But also do tell them that resolving the matter asap would be the better option for both parties. Send the letter Recorded delivery and keep all copies of it and receipt of postage. This is your first step
Dan Lewis

6th Jul 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
do you have any paperwork? how much you bought etc...?

Write a letter stating the details and express your intentions. But also do tell them that resolving the matter asap would be the better option for both parties. Send the letter Recorded delivery and keep all copies of it and receipt of postage. This is your first step

done that
abdus

6th Jul 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good...but please at any point dont try to threaten them about you would do that, go to court, etc....useless...

Your rights ARE being affected, you are entitled for a full refund:

quote:
When buying from a dealer, the law says a car must be:

* of satisfactory quality - it must meet the standard a reasonable person would regard as acceptable, bearing in mind the way it was described, how much it cost and any other relevant circumstances. This covers, for example, the appearance and finish of the car, its safety and its durability. The car must be free from defects, except when they were pointed out to you by the seller.
* as described - a car said to have 'one careful lady owner' shouldn't turn out to have three previous owners, all males under 22
* reasonably fit for any normal purpose - it should get you from A to B
* reasonably fit for any other purpose you specify to the seller - for example, towing a caravan.
JadeM
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tub of paint stripper over every car in the forecourt at 3am in the morning sounds in order
Dan Lewis

6th Jul 06 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i found all that information out the other night but the dealship dont want to here about it
abdus

6th Jul 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the dealer a member of a trade association?

If yes, report him to Retail Motor Industry Federation

JadeM
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What dealer?? Website??
abdus

6th Jul 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's the curse when you sell a corsa
Brett
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Tub of paint stripper over every car in the forecourt at 3am in the morning sounds in order

Agreed. I wouldn't even bother with the heartache for a couple of £K, i'd take out more than my money's worth on other cars in their forecourt.
abdus

6th Jul 06 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not under the current circumstances
Dan Lewis

quote:
What dealer?? Website??

where do i start they appently have 3companies trading in the same building i smell bull
corb

they sound like pikies tbh. your cars gonna get nicked n burnt out before it goes much further
Dan Lewis

6th Jul 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:

Agreed. I wouldn't even bother with the heartache for a couple of £K, i'd take out more than my money's worth on other cars in their forecourt.

They did have a 23k bmw 3series cabriolet lambo's custom leather but thats gone now
Dan Lewis

6th Jul 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
they sound like pikies tbh. your cars gonna get nicked n burnt out before it goes much further

locked away in the garage not racist or anything but they were foriegn
JadeM
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by almost_me
quote:
What dealer?? Website??

where do i start they appently have 3companies trading in the same building i smell bull

Didnt you get wise to the dodgyness before parting with yuor cash
Dan Lewis

6th Jul 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one site- http://www.cardeal4u.co.uk
another - Carsdirect leicester http://www.carsdirectleicester.co.uk/60801/cdl.htm
and- Car Save direct <-- i bought mine from there

[Edited on 06-07-2006 by almost_me]
JadeM
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:

Ram the showroom windows see how many cars you can take out
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 06 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this jade or kolin talking? seems like an irrational female's point of view

kidding

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fooked over by a dealership, Update 20/10/06 23 database queries in 0.0172920 seconds