corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit Suggestions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit Suggestions
AdZ9

User status: Offline
30th Jun 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey

I've recently got myself hold of a 1.4 16v CDX and it just has the standard CD player in it at the moment. I'm looking to get a new headunit but my budget isn't huge as i'm skint at the mo my budget is around £100.

A friend suggested I used www.caraudiodirect.com so what im asking is that if some people get the time could you look on there for headunits and see whats good for my budget please, i'm not to clue'd up on headunits. Next month i'll be looking to get a sub/amp/6x9s etc so would need a headunit that is compatable (most are now i guess)

Thanks in advance

Adam

P.S - someone suggested i get direct replacements for my rear speakers instead of 6x9s, is this a good suggestion?
Planty02

1st Jul 06 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really need to know what you want from the unit before one can be recommended tbh. Heres a few things we need to know:

Do you want it to play mp3's or just CD's?
Do you want to be able to add a CD changer to it in future?
Do you want a flip down front?
Colour screen?

On the speakers question, if you are going for a sub then direct replacements would be more suitable for teh rear as 6x9s will compete against the sub and sound rubbish, Having said that, alot of people dont bother with speakers in the rear at all and I personally only have mine (6x9s to my shame) on very low volume just to give a surround sound effect.

On the headunit front, I would personally recommend saving an extra few quid and getting the Kenwood 7031. I have one of these and find it to be an excellent unit Here it is: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3285.html

[Edited on 01-07-2006 by Planty02]
AdZ9

2nd Jul 06 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the response Planty

- I would like it to play MP3s yes as it cuts down on the amount of cds in my car haha..
- Not that interested in a CD changer really no.
- Not to bothered about a flip down front either really but would obviously be a nice addition if it did!
- ye colour screen, altho most come with that nowadays dont they

Ah cool then direct replacements sounds like a good plan then. Are they easy to get a hold of or do they have to be from vauxhall? and any ideas of price range? So best bet would be to get direct replacements and get some good front speakers in the door?
Planty02

2nd Jul 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The replacement speakers can be bought just like the front speakers - just need to get the right size to fit as far as I know. Do a search for the size of the back speakers mate Then you just need to shop around for a good deal.

The website i linked to in the previous post seem good on price, and if you're building a budget system i would strongly recommend JBL speakers/subs/amps

New Poll