corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » world cup teaser

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author world cup teaser
phil_mcrakkin

User status: Offline
17th Jun 06 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was wondering earlier what would happen if all the teams drew in the group stages e.g like they all drew each other 0-0 or 1-1, who would go through as you would all have the same points total and the same goal difference anyone know what would happen??
gianluigi

17th Jun 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

play off......i think.
phil_mcrakkin

17th Jun 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so would everyone have to play each other again??
gianluigi

17th Jun 06 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really not sure TBH. I know in 94 all 4 teams in italys group finished on 4 points, the top team went top on GD. Italy came 3rd, but still went through
Marc

17th Jun 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If teams finish with the same number of points then it goes on goal differance. Followed by the greatest number of goals scored in all group matches. It is then decided by the following:

- The number of of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned.

- The goal differance resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.

-The number of goals scored in group matches between the teams concerned.

-If they're still equal lots will be drawn.

^

From my World Cup pullout.
J da Silva

17th Jun 06 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
really not sure TBH. I know in 94 all 4 teams in italys group finished on 4 points, the top team went top on GD. Italy came 3rd, but still went through

That was because they uses the 3rd choice option, head to heads, they probably beat the 2nd best goal difference team.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » world cup teaser 23 database queries in 0.0097890 seconds