corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Crouch is wank

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crouch is wank
gianluigi

User status: Offline
16th Jun 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bent. darren bent.

Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Good goal yesterday, but i thought he was shocking at some points

Rooney and Owen for Sweden please

Your telling me Owen was better than Crouch for either of the last two games?! Seriously, if you are your not telling me you actually watched the games aswell.
Ojc

16th Jun 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen needs games and he needs to start against Sweden with Crouch again, bring Rooney on at half time.

Crouch is excellent IMO, does exactly what it says on the tin.
Jules S
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets face it, if Crouch was a Man U player, Mike would be singing his praises from the highest rooftop

Certainly crouch should be picked over Owen if Owen isn't match fit
Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Good goal yesterday, but i thought he was shocking at some points

Rooney and Owen for Sweden please

Your telling me Owen was better than Crouch for either of the last two games?! Seriously, if you are your not telling me you actually watched the games aswell.

Owen wasnt any decent also, but tbh there's obvious reasons for that... c'mon really... Peter Crouch??? waste of space... the penalty miss? the half volley from 6 yards that he twatted off his shin.... the amount of Abuse he got in the pub i was in was totally justified lastnight...

all in my opinion of course... but as far as i think peter crouch makes an average substitution for England
abdus

16th Jun 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the goal?
Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Lets face it, if Crouch was a Man U player, Mike would be singing his praises from the highest rooftop

So how do you propose Owen gets match fit then? ffs
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a wank a day keeps the doctor away
abdus

16th Jun 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

So how do you propose Owen gets match fit then? ffs

then crouch would have already scored hat tricks to allow him to stay in with rooney
Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No he won't

and i still can't believe some claim he scored a hatrick against Jamaica because he did'nt
Marc

16th Jun 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crouch isn't wank. He does do some pretty amazing things which are overshadowed by the mistakes he makes. I personally think hes still reach his potential.
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Owen wasnt any decent also, but tbh there's obvious reasons for that... c'mon really... Peter Crouch??? waste of space... the penalty miss? the half volley from 6 yards that he twatted off his shin.... the amount of Abuse he got in the pub i was in was totally justified lastnight...

all in my opinion of course... but as far as i think peter crouch makes an average substitution for England

I see where your coming from. So lets play Owen in these games so he gets match fit....and not score and win the games.

If he isnt fit he shouldnt play, he shouldnt even be there. You cant drop someone who is playing well so another guy can eventually get fit and then play well.

Yes a fit Owen is better than Crouch, I wont argue with that. But Crouch is doing what he does, he is doing it well and he is scoring goals which are important. Without the first goal last night, T+T wouldnt of pushed forward looking for the equaliser and Gerrard wouldnt of had the space for the 2nd goal.
Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think with Owen its match fitness, i think its goal confidence, Alan Shearer hit the nail on the head lastnight, soon as Owen gets one in the WC, i think he will sharp turn back to his best, Crouch is good for bringing on later into games and can offer something different...
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont think with Owen its match fitness, i think its goal confidence, Alan Shearer hit the nail on the head lastnight, soon as Owen gets one in the WC, i think he will sharp turn back to his best, Crouch is good for bringing on later into games and can offer something different...

Yeah I said that before BUT he is playing beyond that at the moment. He is bringing other players into the game when he is getting the ball. If he had someone upfront who was playing well (Rooney, Gerrard) then I think you would see more goals being scored.

If owen isnt on his game we cant afford to give him the space when others are playing well and scoring, his name doesnt automatically get him a place IMO. What if that one goal only comes in the Semi's, you saying play him in all the games up until then and risk not playing someone who could get a goal?

Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a hard one to call Cosmo at the end of the day... Owen the better player.... Crouch i feel has got lucky with a couple of his goals.... personally like i say though, Owens finger is on the trigger to unleash at any moment...

failing that, Rooney
Russ

16th Jun 06 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

owen isnt the sort of player to break down teams, hes the best striker england have ever had at getting behind defenders are leaving them for dead then slotting it past the keeper, when the defenders are on there goal line for 90 mins, he struggles, sweden will get forward more, allowing owen more space. we do need to keep hold of the ball though, and crouch does that beautifully, hardly ever wastes a ball hes won.

for sweden, id use rooney and owen, if things arent working, bring him on, to win us balls that owen cant reach, and bring the midfield more forward into the game.

/essay
Carl

16th Jun 06 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO, he's shit. he can't even hold to ball up well, only thing he can do right is knock the ball down to another player. 1 out of 10 skills for a football is piss poor, especially one playing in the World's biggest competition. He might have scored 6 goals in nine matchs but most of the 9 matches were against lesser teams, T&T, Jamiaca etc. I'd rahter have took Teddy Sheringham than Crouch, he can do everything than Crouch can do!
England's entire game changes with Crouch on, which is another negative! look at that goal Argentina scored, England would have been too busy trying to bounce it off the lamp post that Sven keeps playing.
Granted we are stuck for ideas at the moment, but it doesn't detract from how poor a player Crouch is.
Hammer

16th Jun 06 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
1 out of 10 skills for a football is piss poor, especially one playing in the World's biggest competition.

i stopped reading after i read this TBH
Carl

16th Jun 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
quote:
1 out of 10 skills for a football is piss poor, especially one playing in the World's biggest competition.

i stopped reading after i read this TBH

I don't get it? Basically saying, i might be able to do one thing, but he can do fuck all else.
Hammer

16th Jun 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Footballers have ten skills?
Carl

16th Jun 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes, i researched it via Journals of psychology and human kinetics to come to the highly accurate figure of 10 for a post on corsasport venting my anger at Peter Crouch.
Hammer

16th Jun 06 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yes, i researched it via Journals of psychology and human kinetics to come to the highly accurate figure of 10 for a post on corsasport venting my anger at Peter Crouch.

we'll your talking shite cause they only have 9
Russ

16th Jun 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why must every argument be ruined by people who talk shit.. we should have an "approved to post" list in match day so you and mike can be thick elsewhere

[Edited on 16-06-2006 by Russ]
Carl

16th Jun 06 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

we'll your talking shite cause they only have 9

Would Crouch get in any of the other squads that have a realistic chance of winning the cup then Russ?
nik

16th Jun 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crouch and Roon for me, Owen doesn't look fit nor like he's going to do anything in this World Cup.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Crouch is wank 23 database queries in 0.0081561 seconds