corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » ENGLAND Vs TRINIDAD & TOBAGO - SCORES, UPDATE & CHAT sponsored by T&T Blinds and curtains, 31 main s

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ENGLAND Vs TRINIDAD & TOBAGO - SCORES, UPDATE & CHAT sponsored by T&T Blinds and curtains, 31 main s
Cosmo

User status: Offline
16th Jun 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
the key to England going further is playing Gerrard in the same role as he plays for Liverpool, it'll take a big decision from eriksson though in either curtailing lampard to a holding role or sitting him on the bench and bringing in carrick or carragher. I for one wont hold my breath for that happening.

I'd play one up (Rooney), Gerrard just behind in a free role and then the normal midfield with Carrick (or Carragher against better attacking sides) in the holding role.
Hammer

16th Jun 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see how you can drop Crouch with the system England play, he's the outball when teams play with 2 lines of 4 against you.

Id play Crouch with Rooney and Gerrard just behind, even just for the Sweden game to give Owen and Lampard a seat on the bench and a wee kick up the backside. They're both world class players but you can only pick 11 and going on form they shouldn't be included.
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I cant see how you can drop Crouch with the system England play, he's the outball when teams play with 2 lines of 4 against you.

Id play Crouch with Rooney and Gerrard just behind, even just for the Sweden game to give Owen and Lampard a seat on the bench and a wee kick up the backside. They're both world class players but you can only pick 11 and going on form they shouldn't be included.

It'll be a totally different system if he did that though, so wouldnt matter.

Will have to see, as I cant see him dropping Lampard to be honest.
Hammer

16th Jun 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can understand why though, after the past couple of seasons he's had, it's a tough one even the England fans can't choose between Gerrard and Lampard and that is strange imo
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You can understand why though, after the past couple of seasons he's had, it's a tough one even the England fans can't choose between Gerrard and Lampard and that is strange imo

I wouldnt choose between them. I just wouldnt make either of them defend and would drop someone else (Beckham!!)
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel beckham is only in the team because of his name
Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no way, he is in form atm.... ace of a crosser
antscorsa

16th Jun 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
...................robinson

cragaher.......rio......terry......cole

lennon......beckham....lampard.....cole

.............. gerrard
...........................rooney

this my ideal team imo
Sooty
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beckham cant play very well in the middle tbh
abdus

16th Jun 06 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes and the full backs dont need to go up too much...cole and lennon will do the job and gerrard score magnificent goals

gerrard is the best midfield in the country...no debate

and among top in the world
stuartmitchell

16th Jun 06 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching the game yesterday I think I should pick the team agains sweden

carragher....Terry........Rio.........Cole

.......................Lampard...................

Lennon.........................................Cole

.......................Gerrard...................

...........Rooney...............Crouch.............

Drop Beckham, give him a fright and lets see how they get on

On the other hand............what do I care
antscorsa

16th Jun 06 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drop beckham, no chance hes the best player with have, consistently good in eveyrgame for england
Hammer

16th Jun 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think england should ask for special dispensation to play 15 players then everyone is happy
stuartmitchell

16th Jun 06 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
drop beckham, no chance hes the best player with have, consistently good in eveyrgame for england

he was shite yesterday and apart from a pretty free kick against Paraguay he did fcuk all. Plus gerrard and lamps are both capable of taking free kicks and corners in fact Lampard should take them and put them on Terry's head

Or drop lampard, all trumpets and party hats
Nath

16th Jun 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Exactly!!!

Dropping Beckham is a ridiculous idea.
stuartmitchell

16th Jun 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? from what i saw of the game he did fcuk all, and when Lennon came on he made great runs and put himself about. Funnily enough they also scored two goals

To be fair, on his day he is one of the best players in the world, but thats a gamble sven will have to take
Nath

16th Jun 06 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When Hargreaves came on against Paraguay we scored, does that mean it was down to him? No. Lennon played well but it wasn't down to him that we scored and won.

Beckham is the best passer of the ball in the country/Europe. He's also Captain, why drop our Captain? Thats only going to rock the boat. Besides, why break up a winning team? Just doesnt make sense to drop anyone, unless injured.
stuartmitchell

16th Jun 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done you beat Paraguay and T&T, rock on

To beat Germany, Spain, Brazil whoever, you need every player playing well, Beckhams been shite in my opinion so far. IMO

Besides the games rest might do him good
Russ

16th Jun 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i would like to see, is 5 in midfield.. beckham central midfield spreading the ball around, lennon and cole on wings, and lamps and gerrard getting forward, but beckhams defensive play inst good enough, although his work rate is more than upto it
J da Silva

16th Jun 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
nah i was gutted tbh.... he played wank all game .... then scored a goal from a perfect pass..... and now youre all like ooo its the liverpool players again and peter crouch is the best striker ever

Beckham made the goal, your right.
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:
nah i was gutted tbh.... he played wank all game .... then scored a goal from a perfect pass..... and now youre all like ooo its the liverpool players again and peter crouch is the best striker ever

yeah, all it took was for him to rise about 7ft in the air above the defender and get a powerful header on target. Im sure Owen could of done it
J da Silva

16th Jun 06 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
quote:

yeah, all it took was for him to rise about 7ft in the air above the defender and get a powerful header on target. Im sure Owen could of done it

Without the ball in that certain place, Crouch could never have headed it, because the ball would have been somewhere else. Crouch did his bit, Beckham provided. Thing is, Becks has been doing that all season with consistancy, no failing...
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Without the ball in that certain place, Crouch could never have headed it, because the ball would have been somewhere else. Crouch did his bit, Beckham provided. Thing is, Becks has been doing that all season with consistancy, no failing...

And crouch has been winning headers for Liverpool and supplying Gerrard all season with consistancy.
J da Silva

16th Jun 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

And crouch has been winning headers for Liverpool and supplying Gerrard all season with consistancy.

That's good, even more evidence for his career portfolio, I'm not slating the fella at all, please state more attributes to his game, if I'm unaware of them, I learn something new.
Cosmo

16th Jun 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's good, even more evidence for his career portfolio, I'm not slating the fella at all, please state more attributes to his game, if I'm unaware of them, I learn something new.

he'll get you around 15 goals a season when he is playing consistantly (as in not his first season at a club). Along with that he is the perfect target forward and will hold the ball up to bring in midfielders and will rarely not win the ball and lay it off to his own team. So he rarely gives away posession.

Along with this he can change a game when it cant be broken down, such as against T+T as his height allows balls just to be thrown into the box, thats something Owen and Rooney cant offer.

<<  9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » ENGLAND Vs TRINIDAD & TOBAGO - SCORES, UPDATE & CHAT sponsored by T&T Blinds and curtains, 31 main s 23 database queries in 0.0193141 seconds