corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Alves wants Liverpool move

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alves wants Liverpool move
Cosmo

User status: Offline
13th Jun 06 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SkySports

If we can pull this off for about 10mil then I think this will be one of the buys of the summer. No stupid prices and he is a great player...will of got him ahead of Barca and Real aswell which is
mattwhite

14th Jun 06 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't say i've seen him play but from what i've heard of him seems like a good buy.

But with us (Liverpool) struggling for transfer funds £12m seems a lot for a right back when we need a world class striker and winger, and even more so now we've sold Morientes, Hamman, Cisse is injured and Fowler still not 100% fit.

I still think Rafa will bring in Bellamy and i think someone like Pennant and possibly another big signing IF he can, but sound very unlikely
Tom

14th Jun 06 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a good feeling about getting him since rumours

Hope we get him although agree we are desperately in need of some attacking help
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattwhite
I can't say i've seen him play but from what i've heard of him seems like a good buy.

But with us (Liverpool) struggling for transfer funds £12m seems a lot for a right back when we need a world class striker and winger, and even more so now we've sold Morientes, Hamman, Cisse is injured and Fowler still not 100% fit.

I still think Rafa will bring in Bellamy and i think someone like Pennant and possibly another big signing IF he can, but sound very unlikely

Dont believe what you read about not having any funds. He had 35mil last season before the 25mil came in for winning the Champs League and he only spent about 20mil of that with the money he managed to bring back in through sales.

I'd expect him to have atleast 30mil to spend this summer. So 12mil on Alves. 15mil on a great forward. And 3-4mil on Pennant should be all he needs IMO. And maybe a few squad players with the money he gets from selling off a number of players.
mattwhite

14th Jun 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets hope so, i think by Rafa coming out and saying the cisse sale has effected transfers was because it was possibly lining up a cash plus part exchange for a player (maybe Ribery) or because he wouldnt have AS much money available, he never stated he had no money available,

but we shall see, im not getting my hopes up,

Cosmo, you got any inside info about rumours?
Tom

14th Jun 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect £30m allocated for jusat buying this year, as mentioned we haven't forked out for anyone big for a long time. Could have dobe with the cisse money but after watching france yesterday wouldn't have fancied the ribery deal anyway, need people confident infront of goal

Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lets hope so, i think by Rafa coming out and saying the cisse sale has effected transfers was because it was possibly lining up a cash plus part exchange for a player (maybe Ribery) or because he wouldnt have AS much money available, he never stated he had no money available,

but we shall see, im not getting my hopes up,

Cosmo, you got any inside info about rumours?

Yeah, it effected things due to a swap I think, not the fact he'll have 8mil less to spend. The board will always make money availabe though, and rumours of major investment is still knocking about (has been said its one reason why Rafa hasnt signed anyone yet)...so we shall see.

As for inside info...its all a bit quiet at the moment due to the WC. Have heard alot of things about Kuyt, and a few about David Vila but if either of those have good WC's then we are going to be priced out the market for them.

The Pennant rumour is still about (has been all season) and would love to see him at Liverpool for the right amount as would solve our right sided problem. Plus with Gonzalez looking like he will get his work permit the left side is sorted between him, Kewell (who I think will play more as a forward next season) and Riise (who I think will mostly play left back with Warnock).

The defence is sorted aswell. With Agger now getting used to the English game, and that young Argentinian we signed (Palleta I think) thats enough cover for Hyypia who will probably be fazed out over the season. Would like to see a solid defensive left back signing, but not many on the market to be honest.

The front line is our main problem. As I mentioned above I expect to see Kewell and Garcia play more upfront with Crouch and Fowler. Pongolle may end up staying on with us as might Le Tallac yet who I think we should keep hold of. And I expect a big name forward but who...no idea! Hoping the rumours of Bellamy, Bent and Viduka arent true as just arent Liverpool standard IMO.
mattwhite

14th Jun 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't mind bellamy to be honest but not as first choice.

Needs to be someone like Villa or luca toni, he looks useful andgot a good record in Italy

Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Needs to be someone like Villa or luca toni, he looks useful andgot a good record in Italy

Bellamy has had one good season though and hasnt been proven in Europe. I'd rather see what he does this season then look in Jan or next summer at him.

Villa or Kuyt would be my two first choice. Both big, strong and fast. And proven they can score plenty of goals a season.
mattwhite

14th Jun 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is rafa buying Alves to play right wing do you think, because i think Finnan has established himself at right-back and think it would be harsh to take him out of the side
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
is rafa buying Alves to play right wing do you think, because i think Finnan has established himself at right-back and think it would be harsh to take him out of the side

def the right wing. Finnan is another Carra...does an excellent job yet never seems to get the recognition he deserves. He has been amazing over the last 2 seasons IMO.
mattwhite

14th Jun 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is Alves worth the £12m Seville are asking then?

As looks like he'll be prefered to Simao who we could have had for £12m
Cosmo

14th Jun 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
is Alves worth the £12m Seville are asking then?

As looks like he'll be prefered to Simao who we could have had for £12m

we'll get him for about 9-10mil I expect. Simao would cost us about 14mil now as Chelsea will just say they want him again if we do!
Carl

14th Jun 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Bellamy has had one good season though and hasnt been proven in Europe.

Not done too shaby for Wales. In the right team he's be an excellent player i reckon.
mattwhite

14th Jun 06 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chelsea just screw up everyone else transfers, as soon as liverpool are interested in someone, chelsea come in for them, SWP and simao for example and now they wont even let SWP go, only wiling to loan him out.

supprised chelsea are selling anyone to Barca aswell, but i suppose they have just replaced Eidur with Sheva

I see they've been linked with Lamh from Bayern munich now. After an impressive game for Germany... bloody stupid, they've already got Bridge and del horno left back. and links with carlos aswell.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Alves wants Liverpool move 23 database queries in 0.0136120 seconds