corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » barcelona to sign chelski player

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author barcelona to sign chelski player
shawboy

User status: Offline
13th Jun 06 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed a fee with chelsea for eidur gudjohnsen believed to be 8 million.
does this not tell jose that he shouldnt sell him, hes joining the euro champions.
GREG 1

13th Jun 06 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, why should it?

He has Ballack, Lampard, Essien, and Makelele in central midfield.
Edd

13th Jun 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eidur is a forward Greg
GREG 1

13th Jun 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I know that but the last year he has played as a central / attacking midfielder. Fair play to him as he has done well in that position.

He has no chance up front with Drogba, Crespo & Schevchenko.
GREG 1

13th Jun 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This topic also comes back to what I said over a year ago that I "think" this could mean the door opening for Eto arriving at Chelsea.

If that is the case expect Crespo to go back to Milan and Drogba to Lyon.
Hammer

13th Jun 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's being signed as larssons replacement, wont start many games but hes a good player to have sitting on your bench if you need a goal
p

13th Jun 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eidur will go obviously, but good luck to him, he's been great for us down the years. Drogba will not be going, and especially not to Lyon, he has far to much respect for Marseille to do that. Crespo will go back to Italy, and Carlton will go to Spurs or something.
Cosmo

13th Jun 06 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mourinho has said Drogba isnt going, so I doubt Eto will go to Chelsea. Plus why would Barca sell him? The only reason they would of is if they got Henry...they didnt so they wont!!
Nath

13th Jun 06 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely they could get RVN for similar money? I know RVN is older but he's a better goalscorer than Eidur. Plus Eidur has gambling problems and stuff.
Cosmo

13th Jun 06 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Surely they could get RVN for similar money? I know RVN is older but he's a better goalscorer than Eidur. Plus Eidur has gambling problems and stuff.

RVN would cost about 12-14mil I think, plus IMO he is more suited to Prem football than La Liga.

And by gambling problems, do you mean is a pro-footballer?! As they all seem to!
Nath

13th Jun 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

RVN would cost about 12-14mil I think, plus IMO he is more suited to Prem football than La Liga.

And by gambling problems, do you mean is a pro-footballer?! As they all seem to!

Fair one, but Barca aren't exactly skint. RVN did the job in Holland and England, i'm sure he'd adapt to Spain. Looks like he may go to Bayern Munich though as they seem interested.

And yes, your right
Cosmo

13th Jun 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair one, but Barca aren't exactly skint. RVN did the job in Holland and England, i'm sure he'd adapt to Spain. Looks like he may go to Bayern Munich though as they seem interested.

True, just alot of money on an older player who MAY adapt to a new league after a season or so. Prob best going for a more technically minded player in who will adapt alot easier.

Plus they dont need someone who will be a goal poacher around the box, as their style of play doesnt really need that...fast sweeping counter attack which would leave RVN stranded in his own half!

Plus I'd like to see him at Liverpool
Nath

13th Jun 06 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now if RVN really wanted to piss fergie off he should go to Liverpool
Sooty
Banned

13th Jun 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

True, just alot of money on an older player who MAY adapt to a new league after a season or so. Prob best going for a more technically minded player in who will adapt alot easier.

Plus they dont need someone who will be a goal poacher around the box, as their style of play doesnt really need that...fast sweeping counter attack which would leave RVN stranded in his own half!

Plus I'd like to see him at Liverpool

Hell would freeze over before RVN would go to Liverpool

...but yes it would piss him off royally
Cosmo

13th Jun 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Hell would freeze over before RVN would go to Liverpool

...but yes it would piss him off royally

I think half a season on the nech when you are top scorer in the Prem would be enough reason...just a pitty Rafa isnt interested. Would love a proven 20-25 goal a season scorer in our team!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » barcelona to sign chelski player 23 database queries in 0.0131230 seconds