corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well I think its broke **Video**

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well I think its broke **Video**
Linch

User status: Offline
   22nd May 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok as some of you mite know, my sub has been making thunder noise's, the first time I unplugged it then it was ok. It did it again and wont stop doing it now.

Here is video of what it is like (sorry about the quality of light)

I have cheeked all the wiring and its fine.

I have come to my conclusion it is fucked lol

[Edited on 22-05-2006 by Linch]
Ry_B
Banned

22nd May 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's the vid?
Linch

22nd May 06 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ fixed link
Linch

22nd May 06 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah and you will have to let it play threw once, then play it again because its a .mpg sorry!!
Greasemonkey

22nd May 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its obviously not the audio signal from the headunit, how exaclt did you wire it up, has it ever worked, sure it not a bad earth where did you earth the amp and did you earth it to bare metal if you didnt you have to sand off the paint work to bear metal then fix ya earth.
Linch

22nd May 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply, yep it has worked for about 3 month now fine, then suddenly this started to happen, it is wired from the battery into a 60Amp AUG fuse with a 20 Inline fuse on the back of it, the ground go's to the ground bolt inside were the rear light is. And the power control cable to the headunit and rca's.

That sound alright to everyone?

Linch
Greasemonkey

22nd May 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah souunds fine to me, only thing i can think of is maybe you should trace the power cable back to the battery, the power might be trapped under something and earthing, i would have though if this was the case the fuse would have blown but you got a 60 in there which might explain how ya sub got fried my sub is fused at the battery terminal with a 30amp fuse. If i was you i would take the speaker cables off the sub and run them to another set of speakers, this will test if the amp is working, if the amp powers a different set of speakers then the sub is fried. Dont blow the test speakers up cos i know you will end up connecting ya amp to the standard speakers to test it lol
Linch

22nd May 06 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate, mite try that, will trace the power cable but i dont think its that, il try pluging the sub into my mates install, unhook his amp ect, just use his wires, but i do think its fkkd lol sounds like you can here bombs going of in the distance lol
ajscorsa

22nd May 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sub aint goosed. its getting interferance from something. re route your wires or get a supressor thingy
Linch

22nd May 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all wires are seprate, power down centre of car, RCA and power C down side, ground in boot, its just started doing it lol?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well I think its broke **Video** 22 database queries in 0.0117040 seconds