corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Weird Question!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weird Question!
MikeLamb

User status: Offline
19th May 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing an audit on our company intranet site, and all the files stored. Basically, I have all the server logs in excel and have determined a list of files I want to be deleted, the tricky bit is that I want to back them up first.

The site is hosted in a content managment system in the states, I dont have access to it. The only way i can download the files is http, normally I would use wget, but there are a couple of small problems!

1) You have to be inside the network to access the intranet
2) You have to be logged into the intranet to download any files

Short of exporting a list of hyperlinks and right clicking and saving, any ideas how i can do this?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
19th May 06 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The exported list of hyperlinks needs only be a list of URLs, which you can then give to wget using the --input-file switch.

It'll also deal with HTTP authentication. If you can get a the files with a proper browser then wget should be able to also.

New Poll