corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » NAT/Port/Torrent problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NAT/Port/Torrent problems
Joe

User status: Offline
15th May 06 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just download Azureus and started downloading a torrent, anyway in the status bit there is a yellow face, it says it should be green if it isnt i have a NAT problem. Now im in way over my head and totally confused, is there an easy way to sort this or do i just leave it to it and let it download slowly?
abdus

15th May 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from somewhere else:

quote:
Azureus Yellow Smileys and NAT problems...possible solution
Hi

(to be applied to Windows XP SP2)

Anyone who still has that 'Yellow Smiley' and NAT problem in Azureus... i think i might have the solution.
I tried on my computer, and now, aparently everything works fine. I have Green Smileys, as i was supposed to.

Anyway, i'll show you how i did.

1. First of all, if you have some kind of firewall protection, you dont need to de-activate it, just need to tell the fw program which file
you want to permit the in/outbound traffic, nothing else. (i.e.: i use Norton Internet Security 2003, and i simply configured: azureus.exe "permit all").

2. Check if you have the "Exception" entered on your windows XP fw configuration for Azureus's Ports: 6881 and 6889 TCP/UDP in case you use windows XP fw.

3. and, after these 2 steps are checked, i did one more thing: Go to your network connections and Right-Click on your Internet Connection and choose properties.
After that, go to the "Advanced" Tab and under "Internet Connection Sharing" click the settings button. Now, you will probably see some services and port configured for Azureus as well. Do not delete them. Simple add these services configs:

(Oh... one more thing. The machine i have directly connected to the internet, with Azureus running, has the following ip: 192.168.0.1 obviously.
So, your should CHANGE the ip option and redirect it to YOUR OWN machine's IP.)

Click "Add..." button and fill with this:

"Description of the service:"
Call it whatever you want... (i called this first "Azureus TCP 6881")

"Name or IP address ..."
192.168.0.1 (my computerīs IP wich Azureus is running on)

"External Port Number for this service:"
6881 oTCP

"Internal Port number for this service:"

Just repeat this step using these configurations:
6881 - UDP, 6889 - TCP and 6889 - UDP.

4. Stop your downloads, restart Azureus and run the wizard port test. You will probably get "Ok" at the test, and have the green smileys.

Im not sure if this will work in any of your own configurations and operating systems whatsoever.
Since it worked for me, i thought it might be usefull to share it with some of you.

Cheers!

hope it works
Joe

15th May 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going out now will try it later, thanks pal
Joe

15th May 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It worked, your a legend

New Poll