corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   14th May 06 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you may be aware, i'm sellin my scooby and planning to get an XE on carbs.

Had a talk with the folks and my dad (who knows everything about this of course ) reckons i'll have loads of problems.

Does anyone think this too or is it bollocks?
JadeM
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NEVER.....ask your parents there opinion on what car your planning to get!!
JadeM
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best course of action is to just do it, park up the drive & wait for them to explode!!
Matt H

14th May 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't carbs quite high maintainance? IE need setting up on a regular basis? Plus a little more tempramental in the cold?
JadeM
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To answer your question - any car could have problems, just be sure what your buying & check everything out!!
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, sort of got me over a barrel really. They lent me the cash for the scooby and since I haven't bothered to start to pay them back yet then the car is technically theirs

So the corsa would be too

Anyway...any problems really? i.e. in cold weather?
Matt H

14th May 06 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can be good cars if you treat them right, nice to drive at slow speeds & plenty of fun when you floor it
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Aren't carbs quite high maintainance? IE need setting up on a regular basis? Plus a little more tempramental in the cold?

Been told once a year....but i'd have the car 6 months tops anyway because i should be sorted financially again then
JadeM
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they lent you money - doesnt mean they own you!!

I plan to get a S2 Elise after summer (Yes after!! ) Im not even going to mention it to them until I pay them their usual sunday visit & rally it up the drive
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was my money I would do what the fuck I like, but since it's not then I really don't want to cause a fall out because there's been too many of them in the past.
JadeM
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

Been told once a year....but i'd have the car 6 months tops anyway because i should be sorted financially again then

What parts are servisable on carbs then?? Just the carbs themselves??? If your only keeping for 6 months theres no problem then Why not just get a slightly modded 170ish or so XE without the carbs
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my main question is about the cold weather. Dad seems to think he's well up on this and i'll have problems.
mwg

14th May 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why an XE on carbs? It'll be just as thirsty as the scooby or not far off anyway
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance is a fraction of the cost
Ry_B
Banned

14th May 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not on TB's instead
John

14th May 06 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll miss the cold weather if its only for 6 months.
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rcb
Why not on TB's instead

lot dearer
JadeM
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its only for 6 months best plan would be to get an XE corsa.....plenty available & no problems starting them in the cold & other assosiated carb problems

6 months will fly by & then you will be onto a diff motor
Brett
Premium Member

14th May 06 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol...got my heart set on this now

will just talk them round

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Problem 22 database queries in 0.0121639 seconds