corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU programming?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU programming?
therafiman

User status: Offline
9th May 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.0L has been misfiring recently at low revs and the eml was on, plus the icv wasn't moving, so i took it 2 vauxhall 2 read the fault codes and this is what they gave me:

Carried out tech test advised: Requires Idle Valve & Flash Programming of ECU

So I came back and fixed the icv (i think) - it now moves, but to the wrong place, it has the idle speed 2 fast. The misfire is still there and the eml is on even tho I unplugged the battery for an hour to reset the ECU.

So...is my icv still the problem, or can an ecu problem cause a misfire? When i left the garage i assumed flash programming meant a reset, but does it actually mean theyr going 2 change/fix it in some way? Basically im tryin 2 figure out, do I replace the icv and get the ecu done, or just assume the icv is fine and get the ecu done, or look elsewhere for other problems? Cheapest option being preferred...
ShEp

9th May 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ecu problem could cause the misfire,

every so often if vaux find a fault with the way the cars are running or if there's any up-grades to be made they will release a software up-date which means your car will require the ecu programming.

chances are most people will never have a problem with their car and it will never be programmed but if its needing the idle control valve done the ecu will most definatley need programming too,

as far as cost goes reprogramming the ecu takes a metter of minutes and will probably only cost around £40 as its done with tech2

hope thats helped
therafiman

9th May 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k guess its back 2 vauxhall then...cheers
gianluigi

10th May 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clearly vauxhall have not been able to diagnoise the problem correctly or have failed to carry out the repairs properly. take it back and ask that they do it properly this time
therafiman

10th May 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't repair or diagnose anything, all I asked (and paid) for was a tech 2 test. What was a bit confusing tho was that after repeatedly asking for the specific fault codes all they gave me was that stupid summary, but after 3 hours of waiting for somethin that shoulda taken 5 mins I was pretty fed up anyway and just left it at that (they booked me in for 8.30, on getting there they told me they dont open till 9, then they musta done a whole load of cars before mine - i didnt get the point of the booking at all). For all I kno they coulda just popped the bonnet, had a glance under, seen the icv and written that summary instead of testing it on the tech 2.

I've decided it's all too vague so i'll have 2 take it back for the reprogramming 2 rule it out. But if that doesn't help, they're gonna be gettin an earful from me, and I doubt i'll go back there again! I'll hav 2 hope 4 the best...

[Edited on 10-05-2006 by therafiman]

New Poll