corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rossi having a go at Formula 1

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rossi having a go at Formula 1
dna23

User status: Offline
4th May 06 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought i'd post a topic up about recent speculation that Rossi will be going into Formula 1... has always been on the cards but recently he turned up at a F1 test day in February hopping into the Ferrari and actually being faster than six of the other drivers Now it must be noted he was in the V10 iirc and the others the V8 but it still displays the fact he has raw talent and something that can be developed upon...

In my eyes the man's a living legend, he has the balls to take on anything thrown at him by the media/press and also walks the walk as well as talking the talk! Imo, Rossi can do it... he's got the skills but needs grooming and if his "one season to learn, one season to win" philosophy comes into play we'll be seeing him hopefully 2008 on the podium
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 06 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the F1 drivers get on a bike out of interest
chr15barn3s

4th May 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got so much respect for this guy. The rumours have been going for a while now. Im pretty sure he did a test with ferrari and was not far off schumacher?
dna23

4th May 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as chris said he was pretty hot onto schumacher only 0.6 seconds behind him and 1.5 seconds slower than Alonso!!! Pretty amazing to be honest, he has my upmost respect to

Ian, he actually challenged Alonso to a face-off on bikes, F1 and rally I think that was because Alonso said he could be competitive in Moto GP with enough practice (just found this thread on that http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=271710 )

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by dna23]
jimmy 2.1

4th May 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rossi=my hero!

if i could race my bike as fast as what he does on an "out lap" i'd be fcuking happy!

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by jimmy 2.1]
chr15barn3s

4th May 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon Rossi would win overall if they did the 3 races. I think he would have the edge over Shcumacher on the rally and definately on the bike
Cosmo

4th May 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was going to mention that past thread.

A face off would be a good thing to see, but for numerous reasons it will never happen (best watch out for the bad comments from brad now!)

I think Rossi will eventually come to F1 though, simply because I think he will get bored of winning MotoGP and because he is so young will want a fresh challenge.
jimmy 2.1

4th May 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUT!! what if colin mcrae was invited to this race with rossi and alonso?/? mr mcrae is pretty handy on a bike you know....
dna23

4th May 06 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McRae said this when asked about Rossi in F1:

"He has already proved he's reasonably quick in a Formula 1 car. He's also driven rally cars, and he's been very fast in those. Rossi's always very picky with whoever he works with, but that's fair enough as he produces the results. I guess a lot of it will come down to the team he does it with. The technical stuff - the set-up between cars and bikes is quite different, but ig you have a good technical mind and you are working with the right engineers, then it wouldn't take long to learn that side of it."

FHM (this months version) and also... when asked would Rossi go all F1 he said Yes.
JadeM
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck to him...I dont think he will need it though
jimmy 2.1

4th May 06 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he'll go in 2008 to f1. the temptation of winning all of the 990cc motogp championships then winning the opening 800cc motogp champinship (2007)would be a lot for a person who is always chasing records!
chr15barn3s

4th May 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason he went to Yamaha is because they were not doing aswell as Honda and he felt the Yamaha bike wasnt as good so he wanted a challenge and to prove to people he could win whatever the bike.
jimmy 2.1

4th May 06 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also felt that honda regarded the bike as not needing the rider input to make it win, hence in 2004 honda went backwards (when rossi had defected to yamaha) and yamaha (kind of) went forwards.

but the yam still isn't the best bike out there. look at the results. where is the next best yamaha after rossi??!
dna23

4th May 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yamaha "kind of" everyone thought he was mad, yamaha hadnt won a GP championship since 1992! Rossi went on to win it for them with 2 races spare....
jimmy 2.1

5th May 06 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wayne rainey was the last person to win with yamaha. he was like rossi of that era until a freak accident which broke his back and left him paralysed

the yamaha still isn't the best bike out there though. look at last weeks results and you'll see. rossi managed to get to 4th from 11th on the grid. he managed to pass team mate colin edwards who finished 9th (who was on the next best finishing yamaha and fcuk knows where the other two yamaha's were!)

personally i think most of yamaha's succes over the last 3 seasons is purely down to rossi. if he does move to f1, watch how quickly the yamaha's will go back to being mid-pack runners. its all about the rider on that bike and rossi's got the most talent! (essay over ha!)

[Edited on 05-05-2006 by jimmy 2.1]
Jamie Walby

5th May 06 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These rumours have been going on for a couple of years now.

Just because he had a 'go' in an F1 car doesnt necessarily mean he will do it though.

Having said that, I wouldnt be surprised if he did, especially if he wins MotoGP this year again.

We'll see.
dna23

5th May 06 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

Just because he had a 'go' in an F1 car doesnt necessarily mean he will do it though.

Having said that, I wouldnt be surprised if he did, especially if he wins MotoGP this year again.

We'll see.

Mr Walby adds further speculation... just you wait sunshine! just you f'ing wait...! Rossi is a living legend
M16KE B

5th May 06 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody buy the "Autosport" mag? Rumour says, Schumacher will retire at the end of this season. some people are speculating he will start his own team, now if he did, who do you think he'd want as #1 driver??

Whats Rossi got left to prove in GP - NOTHING, the man i s a genius and can win at will.

Schumacher was very impressed with him when he put in times in an F1 car, so time will tell.
Jamie Walby

5th May 06 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

We'll see.

Mr Walby adds further speculation... just you wait sunshine! just you f'ing wait...! Rossi is a living legend

I am as bigger fan as anyone, believe me, though I wont claim to have been a fan since he rode for aprilia like some people do.

He first caught my attention riding the NSR with the hawaiian flower scheme in Mugello 2001. I'll be honest, I had no idea who he was, and decided to follow him because I liked him bike
dna23

5th May 06 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sure everyone loves Rossi and as other people have said he's proved himself in the moto gp now, he will be looking to move on, he's at a young age and has time to progress even more... next steps are gonna be at the same level as moto gp - Formula 1

Plus you know he's gonna do some mental stuff in an F1 car... look at what he does on the bikes ffs lol it's gonna be good

[Edited on 05-05-2006 by dna23]
Jamie Walby

5th May 06 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard that he was going to go and race brittish touring cars in 2009
Ja@Vision

5th May 06 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for you Rossi fans!!! http://media.putfile.com/MotogpLifessweetdrug
Jamie Walby

5th May 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ja@Vision
for you Rossi fans!!! http://media.putfile.com/MotogpLifessweetdrug

It's a Photoshop.
jr

5th May 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only reason rossi wants to go in F1 is to replicate jim clarks achivements, as at the moment, clark is the only person to have wonr a grand prix world champioship in f1/and gp bikes
jr

5th May 06 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to say rossi is my favorit ever rider, was watchign some of hos old 125 and 250 races the other day, some of the moves he pulled off in those clases where unbelivable

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rossi having a go at Formula 1 22 database queries in 0.0163269 seconds