corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe Loom Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe Loom Question
CoastalCorsa

User status: Offline
2nd May 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just so you dont say it - yes i have looked in tutorials but cant find the answer i am looking for

i have wired up as much of the xe loom as i possibly can but i am left with two wires coming from the corsa part of the loom one is red and one is black

i also have four wires coming from the xe loom from the plugs

all i have done is swapped the looms over as my loom was knackered but i now have spare wires.

Any one got any ideas what i should be doing with these, i think the four which are still connected to the plugs are to be left as they are but the two coming from the corsa loom are causing confusion
Ryan_G1

2nd May 06 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the Corsa past of the loom, The red one should be a constant live and the black one should be an ignition live.

What colour is the 4 wires you have left from the XE loom?
CoastalCorsa

2nd May 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
From the Corsa past of the loom, The red one should be a constant live and the black one should be an ignition live.

What colour is the 4 wires you have left from the XE loom?

black/green, brown/yellow, red/white, blue/black
CoastalCorsa

2nd May 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else help please
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd May 06 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first off have you got the corsa loom on the back of the engine where the alternator etc is? and the xe loom from the engine to the ECU?

The black wire needs to be connected to the positive live as for the red im not 100% sure. i'll have a think
CoastalCorsa

2nd May 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
first off have you got the corsa loom on the back of the engine where the alternator etc is? and the xe loom from the engine to the ECU?

The black wire needs to be connected to the positive live as for the red im not 100% sure. i'll have a think

not sure about the alternator bit but engine loom is for xe

so that thin black wire goes to the thin black wire which goes directly into the ecu
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd May 06 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the back of the engine you should have the wiring that came off the corsa's original engine swapped over onto it.

the black wire should come out near the battery on your car.im a little confused as to the wire, maybe u2u beardy
CoastalCorsa

2nd May 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u`d Beardy an he says

you just do colour to colour mate you will have some wires left over.
just make sure your ECU has a Swtich live
CoastalCorsa

2nd May 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
on the back of the engine you should have the wiring that came off the corsa's original engine swapped over onto it.

the black wire should come out near the battery on your car.im a little confused as to the wire, maybe u2u beardy

so this little thin wire is that long bugger that goes right across the engine bay to the battery
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd May 06 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i am aware yes mate, put it on live and see how you go
CoastalCorsa

2nd May 06 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as far as i am aware yes mate, put it on live and see how you go

everything under bonnet is connected jus got these bits which are inside the car

need to know what the red wire connects to the red wire is on the corsa loom it goes off up behind the fuse board
rallyman

3rd May 06 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black/blue and black/green are aircon in the xe loom and arent used, red/white is auto transmission and isnt used. One of the brown/yellows is TC and isnt used.

The brown/yellow from pin 13 is the wire to the diagnostic plug and is connected to the brown/yellow on the corsa 9 pin plug.

The rest of the colours match up

Red - perm live
black- ign live
blue (black cover) - coolant temp
brown/blue - engine management light
green - revcounter
red/blue - fuel pump relay main feed
brown/white - diagnositc plug

Chris
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd May 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, as above^^^^

as for the wires by the alternator never had to do that when doing a conversion.

if its a dizzy engine then you also need to connect the black wire from the coil to a switched live. (has a plug on the end that looks like a lambda sensor plug) you will find it in the loom that goes to the coil
CoastalCorsa

3rd May 06 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks very much everyone
lee mitchell

5th May 06 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the red one dont need to be connected as theres a red on the 2littre loom that goes straight to the battery. the black one needs to run just buy the dispac on the 2 litre loom as its an ignition live. the black/blue, red/white and black green are not used. the brown/yellow will join the brown yellow on the corsa loom

New Poll