corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test drove an FTO today........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Test drove an FTO today........
SetH

User status: Offline
1st May 06 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries m8, my comment just meant that i can see your point of view and i dont dispute the 106 GTi performance at all.
Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is who cares what official stats say about 106 gtis. whether they were 7.4 standard or 8.4 standard - whatever.

the fact is, add some breathing mods and they become very nippy.

cam them and they should be hitting high 14's
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Now the Fiat coupe is a quick car!

Official figures don't mean shit to me..i drove it..it was slow and i've driven loads of cars to compare it too.Set mate is wasn't even one of them type of cars as my old A3 Turbo was like that, the FTO just made a load of noise and never went anywere.

Your the one paying more to insure one when you can have a scooby which is a just insane.I can't imagine why somone would pay so much to insure a car that couldn't outrun a 106 GTI.

And my 106 did do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds would the right gear change i can assure you.Matching an RS Focus from 30 to 70 is another thing is did with big respect from the RS owner.

[Edited on 01-05-2006 by CORSA NUT]

says a lot about the car you drove then if it didnt match the figures its meant to do,,

like i said iv not found a 106gti or saxo vts on the road i couldnt pull away from

im paying more cos i bought the fto for the looks and the toys its got ,, should be paying even more since its now kitted up but not had a renewal quote

i had to do some checking up on 106gti just to see how fast they were and found specs varying from 8.2 to 8.7 secs and none as fast as a 7.5 so i need extra assurances,, not saying it didnt feel that fast just doubt you managed to shave a second off

but saying that,,, like you said official figures dont mean shit to you
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It just pisses me off when i know what i'm saying and somone just contradicts me.I can just pick faults with cars too easy that's all

Cars looking mint BTW mate..front end is soooo much better!!

of course im gonna contradict wht you said,,, a fto gets an extra second added on and a 106 gets a second taken off,, maybe it was a bad car you drove
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Fto's are slow and handle like barges. and look gay.

I'll put money on the table and say my 106 gti would beat an fto - both on the 1/4 mile and round a track.

can i pick the ftos
Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:

I'll put money on the table and say my 106 gti would beat an fto - both on the 1/4 mile and round a track.

can i pick the ftos

No I'm talking about your fto since you say you've never seen one quicker than yours.

My 106 gti is definately nothing special (yet) and I know plenty quicker than mine - yet I still pulled a 1/4 mile time quicker than 15.3

Since I've seen a lot of 2.0 16v corsa's do 15.3-15.5 you are also saying your fto could beat any 2.0 corsa as well.
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

can i pick the ftos

picked them

RichardB 1995 Mitsubishi FTO 12.440 127.000
MarkFTO 1995 Mitsubishi FTO 13.370 116.820

Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow your big and clever ^

Proves a lot doesn't it? as both of them are relative to your one which you say could have any gti.

If you want to play a game of silly top trumps, I know there's a coupe of S/C one's now that are pretty much just finished.

Sybez's is now running 220 bhp @ the wheels, used to be 200 bhp @ wheels, 250 at fly. I'm sure that'd give that crappy fto a good run.

My point however was that your fto - i.e. the one you said could beat any gti it met - could it beat a 15.3 1/4 mile?

the point is not basing it on gay official figures - most gti's will do around a 15.5 pretty much standard.
Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S every fto I've ever seen go down the strip (standard ish ones) have been around 16's+
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

can i pick the ftos

No I'm talking about your fto since you say you've never seen one quicker than yours.

My 106 gti is definately nothing special (yet) and I know plenty quicker than mine - yet I still pulled a 1/4 mile time quicker than 15.3

Since I've seen a lot of 2.0 16v corsa's do 15.3-15.5 you are also saying your fto could beat any 2.0 corsa as well.

standard vs standard a fto vs a 106 hell yes man

as for mine vs a corsa mines is a tip so i think i would get humped,, however i know of a few engine swaped ftos that would like to play this game

find me someone on the 106 owners club with a 106 round here and il race him

livingstone area scotland,,

Marc

1st May 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Mivic will do sub 15's though.
Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's big eck's misses from? or LuckyB (Dave P on PGAC).

etc

Standard for standard depends on the gti, some were quick - some were not so quick

ranging from some doing 15 flat standard! and some doing 16.5's standard.

Just afaik fto's are big, ugly, heavy, slow, barges.

*looking in your garage, your one doesn't look that bad.

Still I notice it's next to a civic type r - how did it compare to that, considering your claiming your does 0-60 in 6.9 it should've been pretty close.
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wow your big and clever ^

Proves a lot doesn't it? as both of them are relative to your one which you say could have any gti.

If you want to play a game of silly top trumps, I know there's a coupe of S/C one's now that are pretty much just finished.

Sybez's is now running 220 bhp @ the wheels, used to be 200 bhp @ wheels, 250 at fly. I'm sure that'd give that crappy fto a good run.

My point however was that your fto - i.e. the one you said could beat any gti it met - could it beat a 15.3 1/4 mile?

the point is not basing it on gay official figures - most gti's will do around a 15.5 pretty much standard.

to quote what you said "I'll put money on the table and say my 106 gti would beat an fto - both on the 1/4 mile and round a track."

now iv picked them so dont go back tracking

btw a manual fto will run low 15s standard so even with your weight advantage the extra 40odd brake still pulls you in,, so imagine what would happen if you kept going to above 90mph remember a fto will top a real 140,,
Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whatever - get your car to a drag strip. Otherwise shut up. So much bullshit 'It should do this, figures say that' etc.
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
where's big eck's misses from? or LuckyB (Dave P on PGAC).

etc

Standard for standard depends on the gti, some were quick - some were not so quick

ranging from some doing 15 flat standard! and some doing 16.5's standard.

Just afaik fto's are big, ugly, heavy, slow, barges.

*looking in your garage, your one doesn't look that bad.

Still I notice it's next to a civic type r - how did it compare to that, considering your claiming your does 0-60 in 6.9 it should've been pretty close.

there was nothing in it at all beetween mines and garys surprising really since mines is a tip and runs 18inch alloys, he is a better driver tho would whip my ass round corners and is a user on here under the name evilash and used to have a 230brake stripped out corsa turb that used to destroy my fto big time

il give big eck a blast if he cares to drive his misses car but i dont want any stone chips as i just have a respray
Paul_J

1st May 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough if you keep up with civic type r's you must be lucky and have a quick Fto.

One's I've seen have been slow. Maybe just your a good driver, and the one's I've seen have been driven by muppets

Fair play sorry for having a argument.
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
whatever - get your car to a drag strip. Otherwise shut up. So much bullshit 'It should do this, figures say that' etc.

figures are there for a reason so until you prove otherwise i and many others will use them
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair enough if you keep up with civic type r's you must be lucky and have a quick Fto.

One's I've seen have been slow. Maybe just your a good driver, and the one's I've seen have been driven by muppets

Fair play sorry for having a argument.

na its cool buddy i live for arguments

thing with ftos is you do really either have a good one or a bad one,,most are hitting 10year old nowadays and with a car that revs to 9thou rpm it really depends on how well it was serviced and taken care off,, the amount of supposed low milage examples that are so obviously clocked is unreal,, the prob with imports i suppose tho

i did some checking up on the quartermile table and found a non mivec gr with a time of 14.909 and nearly shatmyself but found out he had his standard throttlebody bored out so that cheating
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres garys old corsa for sale thread but i dont think the pics are working atm
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=152305
RickSRi

1st May 06 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what 1/4 mile table were u looking at.

really interested in what my new car is going to do, not in this league i know but still interested

[Edited on 01-05-2006 by RickSRi]
CORSA NUT

1st May 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuk me what have i started here!

RS you need to read EVO mag mate all the PROPER figures you need are in there mind you it sais the FTO is 7.2

I have to put my hands up here and say that i MIGHT have driven a bad one but it looked mint enough to me.

I drove an 02 plate Clio 172 a few weeks back and it was terrible but i've since learned it needed a new engine and box so i was wrong there! Fad i hope you read this
RickSRi

1st May 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have to have a look, i pick my corsa 1.8 up on sat so excited
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fuk me what have i started here!

RS you need to read EVO mag mate all the PROPER figures you need are in there mind you it sais the FTO is 7.2

I have to put my hands up here and say that i MIGHT have driven a bad one but it looked mint enough to me.

I drove an 02 plate Clio 172 a few weeks back and it was terrible but i've since learned it needed a new engine and box so i was wrong there! Fad i hope you read this

why quote evo?? im quoteing japanese performance when they did a review of the fto and compared manual to tip hence why i posted both up , and lets face it a time from the best of both mags 6.9 to 7.3 the worst aint that bad for a non turbod car that has as you would have found out in your test drive loadsa electric toys,,how annoying did you find the beeping sound when you were reversing
rustyarchs

1st May 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RickSRi
what 1/4 mile table were u looking at.

really interested in what my new car is going to do, not in this league i know but still interested

[Edited on 01-05-2006 by RickSRi]

here ya go buddy http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/garage.php?mode=quartermile
RickSRi

1st May 06 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test drove an FTO today........ 22 database queries in 0.0152369 seconds