corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » usb problem with wanadoo broadband (after reinstall win 98 se)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author usb problem with wanadoo broadband (after reinstall win 98 se)
JJ

User status: Offline
25th Apr 06 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uncle is trying to install wanadoo broadband, had win millenium on it and was messed up but the wireless adaptor worked ok with it (the green light was lit) so i uninstalled millenium and installed win 98 se, when i go through the set up the program asks me to plug in the usb wireless adaptor and it says installing drivers but when it trys to find the adaptor it fales (could do it fine on millenium) and the green light is very very dimly lit...

any ideas?????
JJ

26th Apr 06 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People at wanadoo help advised me that i need to update the intel chipset but when i went to intel.com download thingy i cant find the update i need, think i might set fire to the comp
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 06 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when it asks for drivers, do you provide the correct driver for win 98? otherwise it will fail, windows wont have the correct drivers for the wireless adapter
JJ

26th Apr 06 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, they come with the install cd and when i plug in the usb adaptor it says installing but still wont work. Its like its not getting enough power.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 06 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shoud be able to find the chipset drivers your need then for the intel board
Andrew

26th Apr 06 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put Me back on
JJ

26th Apr 06 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has been suggested that i install win 2000... Really cant see this helping though, someone must know whats up with this.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 06 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

install XP will help as it should have the usb drivers, chipset etc ready to go when you install it, win98 can gtf
JJ

26th Apr 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XP is to demanding as its an old comp
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 06 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as its got over 64mb of ram and is a p2 400 or more then it will run (slowly)

New Poll