corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering column pics needed please.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering column pics needed please.....
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Apr 06 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondered if anyone has got a picture of the steering column going through the bulkhead just above the pedals please ?? because the grommet which the rack goes through is missing on mine, so want to see how it fits....

Cheers !!!

Mase
CoastalCorsa

25th Apr 06 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the gromit which holds everything nice an tight to stop it rattle -ing around

its a solid plastic type thing it pushes into the long cage type barrel and has the steering colum shaft going thru the middle of it
punkymt1

25th Apr 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa
the gromit which holds everything nice an tight to stop it rattle -ing around

its a solid plastic type thing it pushes into the long cage type barrel and has the steering colum shaft going thru the middle of it

Mmm .. I think that it is this then that makes my steering column rattle. I thought that because I have a TD.
Mase
Premium Member

25th Apr 06 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't rattle at the min, its just that i can hear the engine pretty loud in the car cos theres a fairly big gap in the bulkhead where the steering rack goes through into the engine bay. I've bought one, i just need to know which way to fit it... i expect when i get home i'll prob find it'll only fit one way...

Mase
CoastalCorsa

25th Apr 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right your on about the bit at bulk head

i would imagine you un bolt the steering rack at the last point inside the car before it goes thru bulk head slip the gromit over and into place then fasten steering colum back up should be fairly simple
CoastalCorsa

25th Apr 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

punkymt1 - follow your steering colum up from where it enters into the footwell eventually behind the steering wheel it will go into a metal cage type housing there is a plastic type gromit which secures the steering shafts into place the steering shaft goes thru the middle of this into the cage type barrel

if this plastic gromit type thing is missing or has come loose then your steering wheel will rattle very badly left right up an down
punkymt1

25th Apr 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa
punkymt1 - follow your steering colum up from where it enters into the footwell eventually behind the steering wheel it will go into a metal cage type housing there is a plastic type gromit which secures the steering shafts into place the steering shaft goes thru the middle of this into the cage type barrel

if this plastic gromit type thing is missing or has come loose then your steering wheel will rattle very badly left right up an down

It does not rattle that bad .. that is that you do not see it vibrate. But it makes a sound; once you grab it it stops. Only when idle or not in gear you can hear it. My 1.2 8v did not do it but I assumed that since it is a TD it vibrates. Should it be almost silent?
PaulW

25th Apr 06 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 25-04-2006 by PaulW]
Mase
Premium Member

25th Apr 06 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers paul

Mase
PaulW

25th Apr 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there the only ones i have with me atm sorry, think i have more at home i can get hold of if need be?!
Mase
Premium Member

25th Apr 06 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, i think i've figured out how it fits, cheers !!!

Mase

New Poll