corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whitish oil under cap???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whitish oil under cap???
skell

User status: Offline
24th Apr 06 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theirs creamy bits in my engine oil Does it definetely mean my head gasket has gone??? How easy to replace and how???? on a monster 1.0 12valve engine v reg
bieransri

24th Apr 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not neseceraly (sp) may be condensation if it has not been used for a few days. does it use water or any other unusual things like that?
AJ890

24th Apr 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like bieransri said if its stood for a few days then it could condensate. this happend to mine. i gave it a good run out and it went. i gave it an oil change as well a few weeks after to clean out the oil.
sim0ng

24th Apr 06 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have the mayo on your dip stick as well?
skell

24th Apr 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep its been stood for a week or so..... or only been drove in and out of garage not used properly i'll check my dipstick... what would it mean if that was mayoie aswell
Joe

24th Apr 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it has'nt been driven properly for a bit and only moved about and run for a couple of minutes it will just be condensation in the oil. Obviously keep an eye on coolant and temp but it wont be headgasket.
skell

24th Apr 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to know
sim0ng

24th Apr 06 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as joe said, it'd be condensation, the dipstick and oil cap are the 2 highest points where the condensation to go so will go mankey once mixed with the oil, clean it off and give the car a good blast, open it up well through each gear. Check the car again the next morning and if the mayo has returned then removes the pipes connecting to the rocker cover and give them a squease, if mayo starts to ooze out of them then get it down to a garage for a skim and head gasket change!
Jas

24th Apr 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread has given me hope... cars not been used for 4 weeks and had creamy stuff under cap, only once to drive to garage... fingers crossed all will be fine when its back tomorrow (new clutch)

New Poll