corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa sri 2.0 16v XE sleeper. cheap £800

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa sri 2.0 16v XE sleeper. cheap £800
ianofbhills

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1994 corsa sri flame red
standard sri spec apart from the following,

suspension replaced with uprated and lowered items.

front koni top adjustable dampers with 2.0l specific springs -35mm

rear spax fixed dampers with g-max -40mm springs

facelifted front bumper fitted

LMF badgeless front grill

passenger doorhandle de-locked

brakes uprated.

256mm x 24mm front brake setup same as 2.0l astra, cavalier etc had new discs and pads less then 1000 miles ago.

engine conversion.

standard 1.4 8v replaced with 2.0 16v calibra engine. (90k)
corsa gsi 22 spline driveshafts and brand new mk2 cav innner cv's.
triple outlet header tank.
stiffened rubber engine mounts and professionally made powder coated steel conversion mounts with gearbox spacer.
M-technic 2.0l specific short shift gear linkage.
oil cooler and power steering removed.
ecotec pipe with adaptor connected up to corsa gsi drilled air box.
f20 gearbox.
corsa gsi exhaust system inc cat mated to modified xe manifold

engine just had cambelt changed, oil and filter, spark plugs, cam cover gasket, cam cover breather mod,gearbox oil replaced, diff gasket replaced, hydraulic lifters cleaned, rotor arm and dizzy cap replaced.
All parts used were genuine GM

Conversion has been carried out to a high standard and not butchered or bodged like so many of these conversions diagnostics properly plumbed in etc.

Engine must be the quietest xe ever it starts and runs sweet. No tapping on start up as is so common and no smoke or rattles from the engine.

performance estimates for this car are 150bhp, 0-60 6.5s, 1/4 mile 15s

The car is alot of fun as it looks so standard but has the performance of a much faster car.

Negative points for the car are as follows

All the hard work is done the car starts and drives absolutely fine and is complete however it has no mot or tax as i have only recently completed converting it.

It will need trailered or towed away as there is no mot or tax.

It is still registered with the dvla as a 1.4 so will need the log book changed

There is some panel damage to the drivers side wing as can be seen in the pics.

Unfortunately the bodywork is not the best the paintwork is classic vauxhall flame red and has suffered from the elements. There are a few patches of rust here and there in the usual places but nothing to serious and the bonnet is stonechipped. The paint has faded but comes up ok with a decent polish.

There is a slight leak from the oil sump, enough to make it drip.

The milage on the clocks reads 180000 which is high but obviously its a different engine and some of the running gear has been replaced. The interior does not reflect the milage on the clocks the pedals are not smooth and the drivers seat bolster is not worn.

I have tried to be as honest as possible in describing the car which is why there are so many negatives. The car is a hoot to drive and will be cheap fun for someone however i need to sell it.

It is priced with its condition in mind and is very cheap for a 2.0l corsa at

£800

car is located near to Dundee scotland.

Pm me or email me at

Ianofbhills@hotmail.com

[Edited on 03-04-2006 by ianofbhills]
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheap bargain there, waht is wrong with the bodywork?

ianofbhills

3rd Apr 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is nothing wrong with the bodywork as such but i have described it as not the best because of damage to the drivers wing. You can see the dent in it in the first picture. There are a few other blemishes around the car like both b pillars cracked and a few small marks here and there.

TBH its really to be expected of a car that is getting on for 12 years old but i wanted to describe the car as best i could to avoid dissapointment. Basicly the paintwork isnt mint (faded) but it is a cheap fast sleeper that will make you smile however i need to sell it because i need cash

I did consider getting it mot'd as this would mean i would get a bit more for it but i just dont have the time and need it out of the way hence the bargain.
ianofbhills

4th Apr 06 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up to the top for the daytime crew
Bradz

4th Apr 06 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£600?
ianofbhills

6th Apr 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still got this
stuartyhall

6th Apr 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd
stuartyhall

10th Apr 06 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOLD!!!!!!

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa sri 2.0 16v XE sleeper. cheap £800 24 database queries in 0.0108559 seconds