corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My amp mounting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My amp mounting
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 06 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought I would share with everybody my steps I used to make a mounting rack for my amplifier. Please note, I started by creating a template out of cardboard.

It now needs carpeting, but here is where my problem lies: I want to do it in the same carpet as the boot carpet itself. If anybody has a dark Corsa B boot carpet available, please u2u me! I do not want an earlier grey version, I want a later dark version, found in later Sport's and SXi's I believe.

Oh, and what do people think to this?

craig8
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take out the actual ash tray bit and you can run the cables up by the back of the headunit, nothing will be on show

E36 328
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, thats my plan. I have now drilled a hole in the side of the ashtray insert, so the cable can sit below the level of the ashtray, and fed the cable in behind!
I will get new pictures of it later.
Mertin

3rd Apr 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that the sub that around £100-£150?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, I have had it almost a year now and love it, sounds punchy, only ever have it on half power and its plenty loud enough when I want it be, it helps that I can adjust it all from the headunit now as well though!
Mertin

3rd Apr 06 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it not got a built in amp, or is it just a tiny one lol
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea it has a built in amp, quite powerful for the price:
300W RMS and 1000W peak, not bad!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My amp mounting 23 database queries in 0.0132740 seconds