corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 12V Idle Control Motor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 12V Idle Control Motor
therafiman

User status: Offline
27th Mar 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been having idle problems (low idle, stalling), so I pulled out the ICV 2day and cleaned it - now it doesnt stall but its idling 2 high instead and kangarooing about a lot more. I dont get how cleaning one thing can get rid of one problem and make another but...does anyone kno anything i can do 2 make the ICV move? as in just 2 test its workin right? I heard u can jump some motors from the battery but i didnt wana risk it without knowin the connections 2 make. Also heard u can make it work by puttin some sorta load on the engine, but duno how.

Also, in front of the ICV, the bit where the throttle cable wraps round a kinda quarter circle shaped thing that turns, is that meant 2 hav any free play in it? Or should it move only as much as the cable?

New Poll