corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 8v gte -1.2 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 8v gte -1.2 8v
ryan101

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am going to put a gte 1.68v into my corsa what parts will i need to change to do it and how hard will it be help appreciated thanks
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe have to change the pump in the tank to a MPi one, ask around some1 wil know. You'll also want the 1.6 engine loom, and wire it up correctly. As you prob know all the engine mounts are the same on these engines. You will prob have to use the GTE dizzy as well
ryan101

23rd Mar 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the engine mounts are sameand use the corsa driveshafts just wondered if it was easy and worth the hassle lol
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also you'd be best off to do abit of servicing to the gte engine before you fit it to the corsa. Change oil/filter, and so on. also new cambelt as its much easier done with the engine already out, plus its best to renew the waterpump and seal while your at the cambelt.
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well u'll be going from 45 bhp to around 100 bhp. Yeah its worth it, espically since its a pretty easy striaght foward conversion. Plus the 1.2 is so dead, it will be like driving a new car with the new 1.6. Plus its not hard nor expensive to get a fair bit more power out of the 1.6 8 valve engine, u could easily see off most std 16v corsa sports, gsi. Tuning Parts are dirt cheap compared to buying stuff for the 16v engines
CorsAsh

23rd Mar 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be able to use your existing exhaust system too
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Will be able to use your existing exhaust system too

i would greatly advice to fit a 4 branch manifold anyway. 98 bhp is not bad, it should be quite nippy, but you could find yourself bored with it, so abit of bolt on power would'nt go a miss.
At least the GTE had a std cast iron manifold but it had twin down pipes, so you should try to fit them also if your not getting a 4 branch.
The 1.2 corsa had the same top manifold but only a single down pipe so try to get the gte manifold and pipes
Afterall your fitting a bigger engine so you obivously looking more power for your corsa, would be a pitty not to help it along with a 4 branch (or other mods) since you want it to be as quick as other 1600s, no point in fitting a bigger engine and still getting whipped by simlar cars, sorta defeats the point of a conversion. Cheers,
BTW sorry about all the suggestions, i get carried away with engines some times lol :-) espically anything remotely to do with nova's, love them little yolks, was always upgrading the power on mine. Good luck to you
johnny27

23rd Mar 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Ryan, make sure and let us know when you get the conversion finished, be intresting to see what you think of the difference in power, since i'm only on a 1.2 spi as well
ryan101

24th Mar 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thatks guys well i was going tto swap my gf fiesta for the whole nova gte its only done 55000 miles thhought it would be a great engine for mine so could have brakes etc if they are all the same apart fromprob being ventilated and better not startin for a few weeks but will get pics up

New Poll