corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MR2 owners club trackday at anglesey today. (pics and in-car vids wooo!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MR2 owners club trackday at anglesey today. (pics and in-car vids wooo!)
Adam_B

User status: Offline
11th Mar 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got back from this today, what an ace day. Perfect weather, perfect organisation by bookatrack.co.uk and imoc.co.uk and the car performed superb

Was a bit sceptical about anglesey, its only about a mile long but omg what a mile. touching 95 down the start finish straight, dab the brakes and turn into school and let the car drift all the way to abbots. dab the brakes again, upto radar, lift off, left, right and let the back end meet you on the next straight Very satisfiying.

i ran a bit wide coming out the hairpin, and someone apears to have died in the paddock

towards the end of the day i had a big moment going into abbots, lift off oversteer, didnt catch it, sideways onto the infield over a big ass concrete kerb, doh! thatl be one new pro race2, rear beam and a mudflap please. quite lucky i could drive it home, gutted about the flap like.

some other pics-

this was hugely quick

[Edited on 11-03-2006 by Adam_B]
Matt H

11th Mar 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like fun
random dav
Premium Member

11th Mar 06 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool pics fella, unlucky about the car. How long does it roughly take to do a lap then?

WRLFC !

Project cars
Lee_w

11th Mar 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great day. And a fantastic little track! Had just stuck adjustable Konis on my mr2 and was intent on getting some goonage drift action! .... ..... Span 6 times ... ... more practice needed me thinks!! lol
Adam_B

11th Mar 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno, timing is not allowed on trackdays. guess just over a minuite
Adam_B

11th Mar 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_w
Great day. And a fantastic little track! Had just stuck adjustable Konis on my mr2 and was intent on getting some goonage drift action! .... ..... Span 6 times ... ... more practice needed me thinks!! lol

and a corsa, do they or do they not rock at drifting!
Lee_w

11th Mar 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FF drifting rocks
Adam_B

11th Mar 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so should have put toyota ff2 on my car
Adam_B

11th Mar 06 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
Cool pics fella, unlucky about the car. How long does it roughly take to do a lap then?

just had a look on the vids, my best lap that i recorded was roughly 58sec. Acording to 5th gear table puts me on a par with tiff needel driving a mini cooper
Adam_B

11th Mar 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 vids, first is me behind lee for a bit, then me failing miserably at trying to keep up with the caymen

http://bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe299424778?adam20xe&2994&24778&video/x-ms-wmv

then a lap from me, get a bit of lift off oversteer coming out of radar complex

http://bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe299424779?adam20xe&2994&24779&video/x-ms-wmv

one from Lees car

http://bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe299424780?adam20xe&2994&24780&video/x-ms-wmv

sideways beemer

http://bookatrack.com/-PFadam20xe299424781?adam20xe&2994&24781&video/x-ms-wmv

mav

11th Mar 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pics and ace vids ...looks like good funthat
Gaz

12th Mar 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great them fella!!!!
Paul_J

13th Mar 06 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked pics and vids.

Can't wait to be doing some track days this year

^^ I like that mr2, the kit makes it a bit more butch.
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found a pic of my off must of been going some as i ended up the other side of the tyres

[Edited on 13-03-2006 by Adam_B]
Adam-D

13th Mar 06 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that class.
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of corsa pics by someone on imoc-

Carl

13th Mar 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace. Out of interest, how did the newest shape mr2's do around the track?
Ry_B
Banned

13th Mar 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pics pal
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Ace. Out of interest, how did the newest shape mr2's do around the track?

its hard to say really as i didnt drive one. I didnt have any problems with them in the corsa, but then i suspect a lot of them were on there 1st or 2nd trackday.

I was really surprised by the corsa actully, was expecting to be bummed round every corner by all these half decent mr2s, but it just didnt happen. There was only 1, a red mk1, and the guy was a driving god, he told me later he was driving at 110% to stay with me. Brilliant fun.
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F972 in the pics above
aovertonwba

13th Mar 06 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool pics m8 what are the rules for track days such as roll cage halmets and stuff, how much did you pay for the day and how long was you out there for??

[Edited on 13-03-2006 by aovertonwba]
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that day was joint effort between the international MR2 owners club, and bookatrack.co.uk. Cost £135, driver sign on at 9am, on track for 10am, dinner at 1-2pm then back on track till 5pm.

The day starts off in 20 min sessions every hour, 1st one for novices, 2nd for intermediates, 3rd for super turbo nutter experts. At 12 they go to an open pit lane format, basiclly means you can come and go as you please. i prefer open pit as i like to run for 10-15 mins then in to cool off for 15 mins, then back out. sessions is good for novices as its 20 mins out with people goinging similar pace to you, you can really experiment with different lines and stuff.

Rules are pretty much common sense, you have to have a lid. If you run slicks you have to have a proper cage, other than that pretty much any car can go out. When your out on track and you come up behind a slower car you have to stay behind them till they allow you to pass by indicating and pulling to the right. They use the standard motorsport flags, yellows for slow doewn no overtaking cos someone or something is blocking the track, blue for faster car behind you, black for fuck off home dickhead.

Its sounds a bit like everyone drives round in single file having no fun but it isnt like that at all, its just you enjoying your car and the track, its not a race, theres no prizes and ferrari F1 dont have there talent scouts there. The atmosphere in the paddock is really good with BAT events, really friendly. Had loads of people asking me about the corsa, awesome day out.

sorry for the essay
aovertonwba

13th Mar 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds really good and im very intrested in that sort of stuff, (going wrc rally in germany this year) and i want to get into having track days and stuff, the only problem is i have a slow sxi at the moment but want to get expirence in it, around a track as i am only 18 and have been driving for 1 year. so when i do get somthink faster i will have an understanding of track days, does it matter what car you have on these track days, i understand there will be very powerful cars there and not sure they would like the idear of a sxi 90bhp going around the track. how old are you and how long have you been doing it thank you for taking the time out to help me
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i wouldnt use a 90bhp sxi unless it was VERY light and very sorted, coilovers, good brakes, bucket seat and harness etc. have you thought about buying something cheap to use just on track? 205 1.6, mk1 mr2 etc both can be had for a couple hundred quid.

Im 24 at the end of march, been doing it a few years, first off in the corsa, then got a mk1 mr2 last year, did elvington airfield and bruntingthorp in that last year as well as a couple of 1/4 miles. First event in the mr2 the car was totally standard, but no interior, didnt have any problems.

If you want experience very cheap, get a friend and go halves on a cheap car, and cheap trackday, such as an airfiled like elvington in york. Also you could be cheeky and just have a look on BATs website and go along to any event, its free to sign on as a passenger and just bag passenger rides all day. Me and my mate did this at a 200sx day a few months back however we both agreed we dont have the stomachs for passengers
Adam_B

13th Mar 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next one i do i may post it on here, theres quite a few cars that would go well on track and like i say, doesnt cost anything to spectate or passenger.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MR2 owners club trackday at anglesey today. (pics and in-car vids wooo!) 23 database queries in 0.1007950 seconds